Microsoft Media Center Remote 1039 with Pace DC50X, Setup Box cannot change channels

I use Vista Media Center to record tv shows etc...
Recently I had to use a Comcast Digital Adapter Transporter (DC50X) Setup Box in order to get access to the channels.

Vista recognize the Setup Box Remote, but it's not capable of changing the channels by the Microsoft Remote.

On that page: http://mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote I have the 3rd remote from the left.

I contacted Pace (the maker of the Setup Box) with the following reply:
"The DC-50X uses a new remote protocol called XMP. Check to see if it can emit IR codes using the XMP protocol.
If the Microsoft remote your using do not emit codes using XMP protocol it will not work with the DC 50X.
"

Does somebody know if the Microsoft Remote is capable of using the XMP?

Can somebody know how the Media Center make the setup box change the channel?
It look like it's using the IR (because of the additional IR Step with the Setup Box).

If you have a WMC working with the DC50X, what is your setup, which version of the remote, whats is your hardware setup?

my tuner (Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500) can see the picture, the sound is fine.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Answer
Answer
Deckard6, please see the Microsoft Hardware site:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/default.aspx

Also try:
Remote Control for Media Center PC with Windows

We can assist you with Vista related components, If you feel that your Media Center software cofiguration is at fault for what you are experiencing then we can attempt to trouble shoot it, if however it is in fact the Remote emitting protocol, then this is not within our scope of support.
Rami
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Rami

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2020 Views 8 Applies to: