Microphone and built-in speakers do not work with skype in my laptop

Original title: microphone and audio

My micrphone is not working it is built in to my lap top. When using Skype I can not hear the party I am speaking with and they cannot hear me. I'm not sure if my speakers and microphone are set up correct. Please help.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

Does the issue occur only with Skype?

Follow the steps mentioned below.

Step 1:

You can use the line-in connection on your sound card to connect a portable music player, microphone, or other audio input device to your computer.

Most sound cards have at least one line-out port to connect speakers and a line-in port where you can connect an audio input device.

However, the line-in connection to your sound card is muted by default. This means that if you plug an audio device into this port, it will not produce any sound on your computer until you enable sound for the line-in connection.

To enable sound for the line-in connection

a.       Open Control Panel > Click on Sounds
b.       Click the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.
c.       Click the Levels tab, and then, under Line In, click the Mute button to enable sound for the line-in connection.
The line-in connection is muted by default.

Step 2:

Check the microphone by recording sound.

Also refer:

Check the below links as well

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2020 Views 4,131 Applies to: