Mystery Microsoft files-Do I need all these files or can I delete the lot?

I have 3 files on my C drive, all named as a string of numbers, eg 6a34b3f7ad5039dc26e3c4. Within these folders there are a 25 folders numbered 1025, 1028, 1030 1031 etc plus a 'graphics' and 'client' folder. then there are all the other files inclusing .bmp for microsoft.NET and set up etc. Inside the numbered folders are 3 files, Eula.rtf (clealry Microsoft but all in Jananese), LocalizedData.xml and SetupResources.dll. 

Do I need all these files or can I delete the lot? I am guessing they are something to do with windows updates..

Thanks

Answer
Answer

These are usually leftovers from Windows Update and can be safely deleted after you restart your computer to ensure that they are not in use and/or staged for an update that will continue following a reboot.

"2toerags" wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

*I have 3 files on my C drive, all named as a string of numbers, eg 6a34b3f7ad5039dc26e3c4. Within these folders there are a 25 folders numbered 1025, 1028, 1030 1031 etc plus a 'graphics' and 'client' folder. then there are all the other files inclusing .bmp for microsoft.NET and set up etc. Inside the numbered folders are 3 files, Eula.rtf (clealry Microsoft but all in Jananese), LocalizedData.xml and SetupResources.dll. *

Do I need all these files or can I delete the lot? I am guessing they are something to do with windows updates..

Thanks

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2023 Views 17,145 Applies to: