'[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server.

OT: gmail problem.

Hi there I am getting the following error when using gmail  Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Been told it means you are attempting to downloadmessages from the[gmail] folder-which isnt a folder at all but just a title and contains no messages So go into your mail settings and prevent mail from synchronising or subscribing to the [gmail] folder

Can anyone tell me how to do this in windows mail that came with Vista Many thanks Mary

Hi there I am getting the following error when using gmail  Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Been told it means you are attempting to downloadmessages from the[gmail] folder-which isnt a folder at all but just a title and contains no messages So go into your mail settings and prevent mail from synchronising or subscribing to the [gmail] folder

Can anyone tell me how to do this in windows mail that came with Vista Many thanks Mary

Hi looking through the search function i found this reply
[Gmail] is a virtual folder which should not be polled for mail.
In the left (folder) pane of Windows Mail, right-click on [Gmail],
select Synchronization Settings, Don't Synchronize.
this has cured my problem

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have changed gmail user interface language, folders names changed too. Reset all IMAP folders and reload them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2020 Views 2,852 Applies to: