narrator - i want it uninstalled.

help...i did turn narrator off, and that works.  But, when I want to use the speech to text in microsoft office, narrator pops up again.  I want to be able to use the office speech to text without interference from narrator. can i uninstall it?
Answer
Answer

Hi Mulesal52,

We have to do some changes in the registry.

Important: The instructions below contain steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Follow the step to modify the registry key in the registry editor:

Click on start orbit >> type regedit in search box, we will get registry editor.

Locate the key in the registry editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Microsoft->Windows NT->Current version->accessibility->on right pane locate and right click on configuration->click modify and delete the value present in it.

Restart the computer after the changes in the registry and check if the issue still persists.

Hope this information is helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
All the best!

Thanks and Regards:
Swathi B  - Microsoft Support.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2022 Views 1,799 Applies to: