i see on my screen attention auto config please wait

i see on my screen, attention auto config please wait
Answer
Answer

Hi M___D,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Community Site.

Sounds like the "auto config" is built in to your monitor. It selects screen sizing based on the resolution, sync timing, refresh rate, etc... that your video card is adjusting on the computer.

I would suggest you to try changing the resolution in Windows and see if still receive the alert.

For more information on Screen resolution and display on monitor, check the below Microsoft Help & How-To Articles:  

1: Change screen resolution

2: Getting the best display on your monitor

3: Troubleshoot monitor and video card problems

If it is doing it often and you are not changing screen resolution I would say the monitor itself might have issues. It’s possible your display driver may be corrupted. I would suggest you to download and install the latest drivers for the Monitor from the manufacturer’s website.

For more information on Updating a Driver and fixing driver problems, check the below Microsoft Help & How-To Articles:  

1: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

2: Tips for fixing common driver problems

Check the plug and cable, look for bent pins or pins pushed in.

Are you using one of those DVI/VGA adapters? If your monitor has dual inputs (DVI & VGA) have you tried using the other input?

Anyway you could check if the issue exists when the monitor is connected to another PC? Or maybe try another monitor on your PC?

Let me know if that work. Good luck!

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay KKS

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2020 Views 2,409 Applies to: