Cannot get screen saver to display on second monitor

I have a laptop with an additional monitor set up as a second display. On my old laptop in Windows XP I could set the slide show screen saver to show pictures on both displays, but in Vista on my new laptop, the screen saver simply rotates through the pictures in the same place on the primary monitor. The pictures don't vary in their location or in the way they fade in and out.

How can I set the slide show screen saver in Vista to use both monitors in random locations and displays?
Answer
Answer
Hello Lea Novak,

Thank you for the reply!  Are you by chance using a Microsoft wireless mouse?  Have you tried to change your screen saver to see if that displays on both monitors?  I ask because some of the built in screen savers won't work on a dual display.  

I have found some documentation on dual monitor set up.  Since I know the monitor is working and you don't have any issues other than the screen saver some of the information wont be relevant.  Please let me know if this has helped out or if you are still having any issues.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/mobilepc/tmm.mspx
James Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2020 Views 4,324 Applies to: