Benoy1969
Had this question 23
Question
Benoy1969 asked on

WindowsUpdate_8024402F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000

Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!

Ideas:Windows update fails and giving the error code"WindowsUpdate_8024402F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

• Programs you are having problems with
  • Error messages
  • Recent changes you made to your computer
  • What you have already tried to fix the problem
Azam K
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Azam K replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

If you receive Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa while checking for updates, it might be caused by a connection interruption between your computer and the Windows Update servers.

It might also mean that a program running on your computer is preventing Windows Update Services from accessing the Internet.

Programs that might do this include firewalls, antispyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs, or proxy servers.

Hence I suggest you to go ahead and follow the steps given in this link to fix this issue.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

This error has also to do with Windows Defender not getting definition updates - see this article to troubleshoot your problem

How to troubleshoot definition update issues for Windows Defender

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355/en-us 

Additionally you may refer this article for more information:

Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80244016-8024402f-or-c80003fa

Please respond and let us know the status of the issue.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

tlj91021
Found this helpful 5
Most Helpful Reply
tlj91021 replied on

The local Windows Update db is corrupt.

1. net stop wuauserv
  2. delete the entire folder  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  3. net start wuauserv
  4. check for updates again
Azam K
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Azam K replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

If you receive Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa while checking for updates, it might be caused by a connection interruption between your computer and the Windows Update servers.

It might also mean that a program running on your computer is preventing Windows Update Services from accessing the Internet.

Programs that might do this include firewalls, antispyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs, or proxy servers.

Hence I suggest you to go ahead and follow the steps given in this link to fix this issue.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

This error has also to do with Windows Defender not getting definition updates - see this article to troubleshoot your problem

How to troubleshoot definition update issues for Windows Defender

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355/en-us 

Additionally you may refer this article for more information:

Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80244016-8024402f-or-c80003fa

Please respond and let us know the status of the issue.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

floweradnan
Found this helpful 2
floweradnan replied on

i am recieving update error while runing windows update programme.error contain this code . WindowsUpdate Error 8024402F .i can open all wesites of Microsoft and all other sites.so its mean there is no internet problem.please solve my problem urgently.thanks
hamude
Found this helpful 0
hamude replied on

i am recieving update error while runing windows update program.error contain this code .WindowsUpdate Error 8024402F .i can open all wesites of Microsoft and all other sites.so its mean there is no internet problem.please solve my problem urgently.thanks
KevinWoolard
Found this helpful 0
KevinWoolard replied on

Microsoft Silverlight was out of date...  Run that update and all stated working again
EdwardFrancisco
Found this helpful 0
EdwardFrancisco replied on

I ran into this same issue. Removed Firefox and the problem was resolved.
tlj91021
Found this helpful 5
tlj91021 replied on

The local Windows Update db is corrupt.

1. net stop wuauserv
  2. delete the entire folder  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  3. net start wuauserv
  4. check for updates again
Haituk Desai
Found this helpful 0
Haituk Desai replied on

I have found that the problem lies with Microsoft .net Framework 4 lient Profile for Win. 7 x86. This update keeps on installing even after hiding it and changing the recommended update setting of automatic to "do not check for updates".
Bill2001(2)
Found this helpful 2
Bill2001(2) replied on

On July 5th when I turned on my computer, which had always done updates without any issue I know of, I first updated my MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS definitions successfully and started a full scan.  Next I used the CONTROL PANEL to attempt a general update in case there were any new issues.  Right away I noticed something wrong because I was told, incorrectly, that I had never attempted any updates, never had received any, though this is not true.  The error code is 8024402f.  However, I am NOT having any connectivity issues and I DID download & run the "Mr.FixIt", and rebooted but the problem remains.  I'm wondering if this is some sort of new malicious code that isn't yet part of MICROSOFT's anti-virus definitions.
Haituk Desai
Found this helpful 0
Haituk Desai replied on

MS needs to respond, clarify and address the issue.
Maginix
Found this helpful 0
Maginix replied on
I have tried everything on this thread and nothing works. My last win updates were performed july 12th and after that nothing. According to windows update no update has ever been performed which is wrong and I cannot search for updates. I will try a roll-back to see if that solves the issue.
Previous Previous Page of 2 Next Next