jimmy32676
Had this question 8
Question
jimmy32676 asked on

windowsupdate_80070641

I keep getting this error code when I try to use windows update...windowsupdate_80070641. How can I correct this?

Mike - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 1
Answer
Mike - Support Engineer replied on

jimmy32676,
    The Windows Update forum handles XP, Vista, and Windows 7; so you're in the right area.  Try the steps in this article.  If they don't help then please post with the info requested here: What to post in the Windows Update forum
Begin with these troubleshooting steps and post back with the requested info and results from the troubleshooting.

Clean Boot your PC and then run Windows Update.

Reset Windows Update Components

Perform steps from KB883825

Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Mike Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us kn
jimmy32676
Found this helpful 1
jimmy32676 replied on
I keep getting this error when I try to update windows...windowsupdate_80070641. Everything fails to update. What can I do to fix this?
jimmy32676
Found this helpful 0
jimmy32676 replied on
I posted this in the windows 7 area and this is a vista issue. sorry.
A. User
Found this helpful 0
A. User replied on

Please repost your question in the Windows Update Forum at: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads where experts at update issues will be mmore than happy to assist you with your problem.

Good luck!

Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Mike - Support Engineer
Found this helpful 1
Answer
Mike - Support Engineer replied on

jimmy32676,
    The Windows Update forum handles XP, Vista, and Windows 7; so you're in the right area.  Try the steps in this article.  If they don't help then please post with the info requested here: What to post in the Windows Update forum
Begin with these troubleshooting steps and post back with the requested info and results from the troubleshooting.

Clean Boot your PC and then run Windows Update.

Reset Windows Update Components

Perform steps from KB883825

Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Mike Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us kn