Windows Update Error Code 8007273d - can't get updates for Windows 7 Ultimate (activated)

I cannot find a solution for Windows Update Error Code 8007273d.  In fact, I can't even find this error code on the Microsoft troubleshooting website. 

I've searched the internet and found several other possible fixes, none of which worked.  What I've tried so far:

- Removed Norton AV

- Under Tools:Internet Options:Advanced:Security:Check for Server Certificate Revocation - unchecked

- Reset Winsock

- Under Services.MSC, ensured that Windows Update Startup Type is "Automatic"

- Under Services.MSC, ensured that Background Intelligent Transfer

- Haven't tried reformatting HDD and reinstalling Windows 7, but others have reported that that did NOT fix the problem.

This was a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate, purchased directly from the Microsoft Employee store, so this is a 100 % legit RTM version of the software.

I'm comletely out of ideas - HELP!

Answer
Answer

Hi BickUW89,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Let’s follow these steps which should fix the issue.

Method 1

Let’s run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it fix the problem.

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Method 2

If it doesn’t help, try to reset the Windows Update components, download the Microsoft ‘Fix-it’  tool from the link and run the wizard which automatically resets the windows update components, if this does not work, I recommend that you reset the windows update components manually from the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 ( The kb article is for Windows Vista however it holds good for Windows 7 as well)

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Regards
Debleena S
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2019 Views 3,662 Applies to: