Windows update 0000066A

Original title: Windows update 0000066AA

It says it cannot download the latest update I have tried several times and I keep getting the same end result. What do I do?

Answer
Answer

Hi pjfamily05,

·         Could you please provide the update description that is not getting installed?

·         What is the exact error code with the message that you’re receiving when you try to install the updates? It seems like the error code would be 0x0000066A

As of now, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Check the update history to know the update description of the failed updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/See-which-Windows-updates-are-installed

Method 2:Repair Microsoft .Net Framework

Note: You’ll have to perform these steps only if you’ve problem installing .Net Framework update (specifically Microsoft .Net Framework 4). You receive this error if you’ve a problem installing Microsoft .Net Framework 4 update on your computer.

a.    Click on Start and click on Control panel.

b.    Go to Program and Features.

c.    Scroll down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, right click it.

d.    It will give you a choice of Uninstall/Change, click it.

e.    Then, it will give a choice to Repair it, pick Repair it. It will take about 4-10 minutes to repair

(with my PC) your experience may vary.

f.     When completed, open Windows update, and update it again.

Also refer,

What information to post in the Windows Update forum

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/1467f44b-ee27-4f7d-98d7-f1c4b35b3395

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2023 Views 7,417 Applies to: