GingerToo
Had this question 3
Question
GingerToo asked on

Vista Ultimate Upgrade to 7

I also feel the pricing is unfair and that Ultimate users should be given a reasonalble upgrade price to Windows 7 Ultimate.
I am seriously considering switching to Red Hat even tho the learning curve is steep for this senior person.
I purchased Vista Ultimate and all Microsoft upgrades from the first graphic interface, and this one just looks plain greedy!!!
How can we get more publicity for this issue? I can see that not many people have answered, and I'm sure there are a lot more unhappy Vista Ultimate users out there!
A. User
Found this helpful 0
Answer
A. User replied on

We deal with Windows Update issues in this forum, not upgrading Windows. I've never heard of the petition to which you refer but if you've got anything to say about upgrading to Win7, post it here instead: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads 
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
A. User
Found this helpful 0
A. User replied on
And how does your comment pertain to Windows Update (vs upgrading Windows)?
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
GingerToo
Found this helpful 0
GingerToo replied on

Hi, Bear,
This was supposed to be posted under the petition for a reasonably priced upgrade from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate.  We got suckered into buying Ultimate, but Microsoft is ignoring us on the price break.  Unfortunately no reply area was on that post and this is the first time I'm in this forum, so I'm sort of feeling my way around.
A. User
Found this helpful 0
Answer
A. User replied on

We deal with Windows Update issues in this forum, not upgrading Windows. I've never heard of the petition to which you refer but if you've got anything to say about upgrading to Win7, post it here instead: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads