Microsoft Update continues to show that Silverlight installation failed. Control Panel - Programs shows that Silverlight 3.0 40818.0 was automatically installed on 1-17-10. When I try to uninstall Silverlight I get this message: "Could not access network location"; and the uninstall doesn't!
...Control Panel - Programs shows that Silverlight 3.0 40818.0 was automatically installed on 1-17-10.
Try to disable your AV, run Windows Update again... worked for me. Re-enable your AV.
After getting so frustrated with this silverlight issue...I've finally found a solution, at least for my laptop.
1) I could not get it installed. Failure, could not located needed files under "c:\3981503e3495612c9427" or something similar.
2) Extracting the .msi and other files manually to that location, still not installing.
3) After running that uninstall package utility provided by MS, restarting / re-install of silverlight, still failed installation.
Finally, I did a little registry look. Opened up registry(after backup!) did a search for "silverlight.msi" and found it in the following key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / installer / products / D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100
I deleted that key, and also deleted all silverlight folders in programData and program files
restarted, started the silverlight.exe. It installed with no problem and it works! Finally.
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.