Getting help and advice from one of the many experts here at Microsoft Community does not cost anything.
Whenever you receive a phone number as an answer and feel uncertain whether it is from someone at Microsoft, don’t take the risk,
confirm the number is for official Microsoft Support.
Every time i try to install KB982331, i get error cod 646. i have tried to down load KB982331 manually, but i get the message that security update is already installed on your machine!, despite that action center "windows 7" keep indicating back up is not
installed successfuly. can any one help?
I can not install window update kb982331on my computer " window 7". Every time i try to install kb982331manually, I get the message that updatye already installed on my machine! yet, i have a constant reminder in action center that security update Kb982331
is not installed. can any one help?
1. Turn off User Account Control (UAC). Don't just lower down the restrictions - turn it off completely. See below on how to disable/enable it. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off
2. Restart your computer for the change to take into effect.
3. Re-download Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982331) from the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7f89a734-cda4-4abb-9a10-f6dfe560e8d0&displaylang=en
4. Install it. It should be working fine.
5. If it still does not work, go to Windows Update client (for Vista and Windows 7) by clicking on Start and type "Windows Update" on the Start Search textbox. Windows Update window will then appear. Click "Install Updates".
6. If it still does not work, try to open any or all of your MS Office applications (like MS Word, MS Excel, etc).
7. Follow Steps # 3-4.
8. If it still does not work, follow step # 3 again. After downloading it, try to disconnect your computer from the internet (either unplug the internet cable or turn off the modem). Then, try to install the downloaded (KB982331). It must be working this time.
Let me know your findings.
DISCLAIMER: This is only a workaround - not a resolution. We will do our absolute best to find the resolution for everyone.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Propose as Answer" If you find it helpful , mark it as helpful by clicking on "Vote as Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the