peter carvill
Had this question 3
Question
peter carvill asked on

PlibRCodec.dll message when tryiing to open webcam programs

libRCodec.dll! message when I try to open new Webcam. It says that I do not have it.

P>A>Carvill
Anil Kumar B
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Anil Kumar B replied on
Microsoft Support Engineer

Hi,

1.      What is the exact/complete error message?

2.      Were there any hardware or software changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

3.      Which Operating System are you using on your computer?

I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot state, and then try to open the Webcam and check if it helps. Help troubleshoot error messages and other issues; you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Note When you perform a clean boot, you may temporarily lose some functionality. When you start the computer as usual, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or you may experience the original behavior.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135    

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in Step 7: to reset computer as usual.

Reply back with more information so that we can help you better.

Regards,
Anil
Bernd das Brot
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Bernd das Brot replied on

Hi Folks

This ist an Error running the CMS Webcam Software for EASYN Remote Webcams.

It occurs on Vista Win7 and Win7-64

Solution : RTFM ;-)

This Software is for XP only, use the Compatibilty Mode WinXP Sp3 and it works fine :-)

be Imba, use Epics.. ^^

Anil Kumar B
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Anil Kumar B replied on

Hi,

1.      What is the exact/complete error message?

2.      Were there any hardware or software changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

3.      Which Operating System are you using on your computer?

I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot state, and then try to open the Webcam and check if it helps. Help troubleshoot error messages and other issues; you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Note When you perform a clean boot, you may temporarily lose some functionality. When you start the computer as usual, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or you may experience the original behavior.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135    

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in Step 7: to reset computer as usual.

Reply back with more information so that we can help you better.

Regards,
Anil
Bernd das Brot
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Bernd das Brot replied on

Hi Folks

This ist an Error running the CMS Webcam Software for EASYN Remote Webcams.

It occurs on Vista Win7 and Win7-64

Solution : RTFM ;-)

This Software is for XP only, use the Compatibilty Mode WinXP Sp3 and it works fine :-)

be Imba, use Epics.. ^^

JOEL JUNIOR
Found this helpful 0
JOEL JUNIOR replied on

ok my ip camera software worked , thank you

Anil Kumar B
Found this helpful 0
Anil Kumar B replied on

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the useful information; this will help, many users facing the same issue.

If you face any issues related to Windows in future, post it on Microsoft Community Forums. We are here to help you and guide you on the right direction.

Regards,

Anil

Regards,
Anil