MY PC WILL NOT RECOGNISE MY DYNAMODE USB 2.0HDD EXTERNAL BOX, CAN YOU HELP

my old desktop burnt out, I retrieved the hard drive and put it into the Dynamode USB2.0HDD External Box, It worked twice but now Windows will not recognise it. What can I do.
Answer
Answer

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description, you are facing issues with Dynamode USB 2.0 HDD External box.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1.       What version of Windows Operating System is installed on the computer?

2.       Does the other USB device get recognize by the computer?

3.       What are the troubleshooting steps did you try in order to resolve USB issues?

4.       Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

Follow the suggestions listed below for a possible fix:

Method 1: You may run the Microsoft Fixit from the article and check if that helps.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us

Method 2: If the above step does not help us to diagnose the issue, uninstall the drivers for USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller and restart the computer. Let Windows install the generic drivers and then see if it helps you to fix the issue.

a.       Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, then Device Manager in the search box.‌

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b.      Look for the device under USB [Universal Serial bus] host controller, right click on it and select Uninstall.

c.       Reboot the computer.

d.      On reboot, Windows 7 should re-install the drivers automatically.

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2024 Views 4,902 Applies to: