Intel HD graphic driver in Windows Server 2012

Hey guys, I downloaded Windows Server 2012 via Dreamspark yesterday and installed it on my desktop. But the system can't identify the Intel HD graphic 2000.When I trying to install the official driver for Windows 8 from Intel. A error window came out and told that "The system doesn't reach the requirements of installation."

Anybody could help about this problem, please? I have waiting for Windows Server 2012 for a very long time and this problem made things stuck. I can't use my HD displayer at a very low resolution.

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

S.S, I don't know exactly what thing make you laugh. No matter you believe or not, it is here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21180&lang=eng

As I already stated, what I find funny is the fact that some people like to state things like, "they have been waiting for Windows Server 2012 for a long time"... Like it was the most important thing in the world and since they have been waiting so long - this makes it a fire-drill situation for the volunteers they are asking for assistance from.  It's the exaggeration of the issue at hand that I find humorous.  Always have, always will.  People think if they drop a few names, mention a few things that make this situation 'important' to them - others will be more willing to help.  Often, that is the case - human nature.

Back to the part that mattered...

"This software driver package will install the WHQL graphics driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 & Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 for Windows 8* Release Preview."

Intel has drivers out for Windows Server 2012 for other devices, but obviously not for the one you are looking at.  Just because they have one for Windows 8 doesn't mean it will work in Windows 2012.

Your issue is with Intel and what drivers they provide, not Microsoft (as I said already.)

The drivers you linked to are for the Release Preview (first off) of Windows 8.

If I were you, I would try any Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 drivers for the product in question...  Although my cursory search shows that none exist for that chipset (likely because Windows Server is not a market Intel pushes for that chipset) - so then I would suggest trying the Windows 7 driver.  Using a Windows 8 PreRelease driver is obviously NOT giving you the results you desire.

You might try the Intel Forums.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2023 Views 30,529 Applies to: