Fault Module Version:    6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp:    4791a76f
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0001dd8f
OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:    1033

Extra information about the problem
LCID:    1033

I get this problem whenever I run FSX, if, I am in a second or third flight, and if I use the mouse to right-click a menu around 18 times.  I've tried replacing the DLL with the Windows 7 version and done tons of other things mentioned on AVSIM, but I can't get it to stop crashing.  Vista's Report-Problem solution only tells me that I need to run Windows Update, since it's a system Driver, but there's obviously nothing to update.

I'm running FSX SP2 (Crashed with SP1 and stock also) and Vista SP1.  I am at a loss as to why this is happening to me since all the other people I've found that have had this problem have had it only because they were running the beta of Windows 7, and were able to fix it by getting the DLL from Vista and putting into their Windows 7 installation.  I am running Windows Vista, and as such I can't downgrade to Windows Vista.  I did try upgrading to the Windows 7 version of the file, and then it still didn't stop the crashes.   One person did recommend downgrading to the 32-bit version of the file since FSX is a 32-bit program, but it didn't fix it.

On a side note, I'm really surprised it would happen to this game since it was made by the same company that made my whole operating system.  :(

This does not happen in any other games, and they're 32-bit also.
Answer
Answer

I have fixed a 64 Bit Windows 7 and 32 bit vista by placing the following file: http://download772.mediafire.com/yxms3tzmwjug/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip in the main FSX diectory. Don't forget to un-zip first then copy the .dll file into the directory! Hope this helps.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2023 Views 42,907 Applies to: