Rudder, Flaps do not work in Flight simulator.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X in game problem. HELP!!!!!!!

I have installed FSX deluxe on my computer with Win7 and it works fine. I have one problem though. When I am flying any aircraft, Helicopter or Airplane, and i need to use my rudder it doesn't work. when i apply full rudder on my stick i will only get half rudder or less on the aircraft when it is in the air, on the ground it is fine. I installed the expansion pack and it is worse, the planes cockpits are there but there are no instruments, and in the F-18 my flaps wont even work. I have tried re-installing but nothing better happened. Does anyone know what is going on and/or know how to fix the problem? HELP?!?!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

The issue you described would be more suitable in Games for Windows forum. As such I’d recommend posting the query there for better support.

Here’s the forum link: http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/8.aspx

You may also send your queries to the Flight Simulator team at the below.
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/community/Pages/default.aspx

Diana
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jamookie,

Adding to Diana D’s suggestions,

It appears that the game Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe is not compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and hence the inconsistency with aircrafts.

Refer the link below for details:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

You may try and install the game in Vista compatibility mode and check if that makes any difference.

Refer the following article for more information on running programs in compatibility mode:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2021 Views 2,411 Applies to: