My disc for Age of Empires 3 is broken

The problem for me is pretty simple, my disc for Age of Empires 3 has a few scratches and doesn't work. I have the CD-key and the two other discs. I wonder if I can download the game and of course give you the CD-key, or you might have another solution. I don't want to buy a new game...

Thanks
Answer
Answer

Hi Martin95,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!!!

There is no download option for Age of Empires 3 available on Microsoft websites except for some of the trial versions.

If the CD is broken as you mentioned in the title of the thread then there is nothing much that can be except for buying a new one. However if the CD has scratches you may try the steps below, if you haven’t tried already;

Clean the disc and examine the disc for flaws or scratches

1. Hold disc by the edges without touching the surface with your fingers.

2. Clean the disc with a soft, clean cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards.

3. Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc.

4. After you clean the disc, examine the disc for any scratches or defects. If you find any defects that are not caused by typical wear and tear, return the disc to the retailer if it still under warranty.

Regards
Varun J: MICROSOFT SUPPORT
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and let us know what you think

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2023 Views 3,801 Applies to: