Error "The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" when trying to play Red Alert: Command & Conquer

Original title: The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Ive been trying to install Red Alert: Command and Conquer on my new windows 7 pc and naturally it wont play coming up with the whole cannot play because its running windows 6.1 and this is a windows 95 only program. so I went through the whole troubleshooting and changing everything to make sure it runs and it actually installed but when I went to go play it this message pops up and im like why does this happen to me!!!!

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Thats the message, can someone help me out?

Answer
Answer

Hi BigAl3000,

Please make a note that Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 is the only version compatible with Windows 7.

Red Alert 2 and Red Alert are not compatible with Windows 7.

See Windows 7 Compatibility for Command & Conquer: Red Alert  for more information.

To troubleshoot program compatibility issues in Windows 7, try the following methods:

Method 1: Open the Program Compatibility troubleshooter

Most programs written for Windows Vista also work in Windows 7, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If an older program doesn't run correctly, use the Program Compatibility troubleshooter to simulate the behavior of earlier versions of Windows.

Method 2: Contact the program vendor or the hardware manufacturer

Contact the program vendor for guidance about how to troubleshoot the issue. Typically, the software vendor's Web site provides a support section that you can use, for example, to search for an error message that you may receive from the program.

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 7,611 Applies to: