Crc Errors while installing games.

So after a reinstall from have other problems which are now fixed off this install i find myself having new problems with CRC Errors.  While trying to install fallout 3 i get crc error. http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/raven201/CrcError.jpg direct link so you can read the error itself.
This isnt the only error i get if i click ignore, more just pop up. Also dose this on a few other games I've tired to install haven't tired all the step below but the games are as followed End war. x3 terran conflict. half life 2. cyris
I haven't taken these steps with these games.  i don't want to have to let lose auto update if i dont have to because everytime now 3 out of 3 times ive had to reinstall vista due to system unable to boot into ANYTHING. I've done MASSIVE amounts of trouble shotting on those topics and i just dont like running updates anymore.
All of those games were installed on this machine before i started to have problems.

Steps I've taken
1 cleaned the disk
2 restart windows.
3 Checkdisk ran.
4 Copy all disk info to hard drive.
5 tested disk on another machine. Worked.
6 set up a network drive via another machine.
7 made an iso on another machine.
8 tested another copy of fallout 3. same issuse.

System stats
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.       
       System Model: G50VT              
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P7450  @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 4094MB RAM
          Page File: 1563MB used, 6800MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
   Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS   
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 9800M GT
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Answer
Answer

Hello, Ferfax201

Try running the Memory Diagnostics and ScanDisk to check for memory and hard drive errors.

To run the Memory Diagnostics go to Start, type “memory” in the search box and open the Memory Diagnostics tool. Select your options and restart to run the test.

To run ScanDisk, go to Start, Computer, right click on your hard drive and choose Properties. In the Properties screen go to the Tools tab and click Check Now in the Error-checking section. Select your options and click Start to begin the scan.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

David
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
-----
If you can't fix it with duct tape, you haven't used enough.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2024 Views 14,745 Applies to: