Had this question 35
Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies
Syed N asked on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Error: “Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC”

When I try to install Windows 8.1 Preview, I receive an error: 

Uninstall these apps

Before you update to Windows 8.1 uninstall these apps.  If you pause the update, you can restart it later from the Store.

Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC.”

Meghmala
Found this helpful 12
Answer
Meghmala replied on
Microsoft

*UPDATED 7-2-13 – New drivers are now available for most PC’s containing Intel’s 32-bit Atom System-On-Chip (SoC) processors.  The block that was causing users to see this message has been removed on those PCs.  

Please note that the Fujitsu ARROWS Tab series of tablets are still blocked at this time and will continue to experience this error.  Microsoft is continuing to work closely with our partners to resolve this issue

If you have installed all the latest Windows Updates and still receive this error message when installing Windows 8.1 Preview, please respond in this thread and provide your model #.

richardb20
Found this helpful 17
Most Helpful Reply
richardb20 replied on

I get the same stupid error on a very standard Dell PC.  No extra information, just "The update is not applicable to your computer".  No reason given, no error text, no nothing.

Expectations dashed once again.

R.

Meghmala
Found this helpful 12
Answer
Meghmala replied on
Microsoft

*UPDATED 7-2-13 – New drivers are now available for most PC’s containing Intel’s 32-bit Atom System-On-Chip (SoC) processors.  The block that was causing users to see this message has been removed on those PCs.  

Please note that the Fujitsu ARROWS Tab series of tablets are still blocked at this time and will continue to experience this error.  Microsoft is continuing to work closely with our partners to resolve this issue

If you have installed all the latest Windows Updates and still receive this error message when installing Windows 8.1 Preview, please respond in this thread and provide your model #.

richardb20
Found this helpful 17
richardb20 replied on

I get the same stupid error on a very standard Dell PC.  No extra information, just "The update is not applicable to your computer".  No reason given, no error text, no nothing.

R.

AnandPi
Found this helpful 4
AnandPi replied on

Same here having Dell PC with Windows 8 all requirements for 8.1 are fulfilled.
Let users know exact reason for what they are not able to update.
Lot of forums are discussing same issue, but no workaround...
LEUK KWANYEUNG
Found this helpful 2
LEUK KWANYEUNG replied on

I get the same stupid error on ACER 4741G.  No extra information, just "The update is not applicable to your computer".  No reason given, no error text, no nothing.

kacalar
Found this helpful 0
kacalar replied on

I do get this error on my Dell laptop, and what's more surprising on Microsoft Surface RT! No reason given and no explanation.
GarronN
Found this helpful 0
GarronN replied on

UK Surface Pro user (Win Pro Media build) - errored with the same message Error: “Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC” and nothing else.

Would have thought the Surface Pro would have been supported.

Gabriel******
Found this helpful 0
Gabriel****** replied on

Same on SONY VAIO :(
rodc271
Found this helpful 2
rodc271 replied on

I get this error on a Surface Pro 128GB.

Very surprised that Microsoft's own hardware can't install windows 8.1.

Rod
kacalar
Found this helpful 5
kacalar replied on

I get the error "The update is not applicable to your computer" on my Dell laptop and what's more surprising on Microsoft Surface RT!

I would like to know a list of computers/graphic cards that are supported and have them clearly stated on preview.windows.com website. Otherwise, Microsoft only alienates (again) people that are most devoted to the OS/ecosystem.

It just looks like the preview version is only available to a selected group of people.

AetherKnight
Found this helpful 2
AetherKnight replied on

My ASUS VivoTab is very sad; I merely await a swift resolution to this issue...
Steve Ironside
Previous Previous Page of 10 Next Next