Windows Store | Sign in Problem

I am having a problem due to a gmail id based account that I had created but has now been deleted. It would be great if STAFF from the Windows Support Department can help me out (since the Forum Moderators on the other thread were not able to understand this query).

I'l state the entire thing in points for ease of understanding.
  1. I am using Windows 8 on my Vaio laptop with a Local Account as the Admin account.
  2. I logged in to the Windows 8 Store using my Gmail id based microsoft account.
  3. The Gmail id based account was deleted over a week back and is now in the recycle period as told to me by the Forum moderators on another thread.
  4. Now the problem is that the Store app is not letting me sign into any other account other than the gmail one which has already deleted.
  5. I'm attaching a screenshot of the sign in box which appears when I click on the "sign in" tab in the "Your Account Settings" window of the Windows Store App.
  6. The password of this deleted account is not being accepted and the "That Password is incorrect" Line appears whenever I enter something.
  7. A quick response from your side would be highly appreciated as the Forum moderators on another thread have already wasted a lot of my time.

P.S. I don't if it would have solved my problem or not but I have tried changing the local account to a microsoft account using an outlook id of mine but it failed at the last step every time I tried it over this past week.

Hi Rahul,

To access Microsoft Store, you need to have a Microsoft account. Your Microsoft account is your key to free online storage, mobile entertainment, apps in the Windows Store, and connecting your devices and accounts seamlessly. If you do not have a Microsoft account then you may create a new Microsoft account which will help you to access the Microsoft Store.

Windows 8 lets you create two types of user accounts: Microsoft account and Local account. While the Local account is nothing but a normal user account without an email address (similar to the user account in previous versions of Windows), the Microsoft account uses your email address.

A Microsoft account is an email address and password that you use to sign in to Windows. When you use Microsoft account to sign in to Windows, you’ll be able to download apps from Windows Store, sync your desktop personalization, ease of access, browser and app settings across all your computers signed in using the same Microsoft account.

Refer to these articles to know more.

All about Microsoft account: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/microsoft-account

What is a Microsoft account?: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-what-is-microsoft-account

Connect your Microsoft account: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/get-microsoft-account

Why can't I sign in to the Windows Store?: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-sign-in-windows-store

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Srimadhwa B,

Thanks for the quick reply but I don't think you got what the problem is hence I'l state it more specifically.
I had two microsoft accounts- one made using a gmail id and the other one made using an outlook id. I had logged into the microsoft store app on my laptop using the microsoft account with the gmail id. Around 10 days back, I deleted this gmail id based microsoft account. The problem that I am facing is that the store app is not allowing me to sign into any other account.

Here is a screenshot of the box that appears when I click the "sign in" option in the windows store. 

The account id shown i.e. the gmail id based account has already been deleted. Hence it is not accepting the original password. I remember the password that was used for this account but it is not being accepted. and the error message is shown.
All that I want is for the store app to allow me to log into using the outlook id based microsoft account that I have. But am not being able to do so since this text box(shown in pic above)  appears everytime when ever I click on the sign in button (shown in pic below).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rahul,

Thank you fo rthe update.

I would suggest you to open Windows Store adn then press Windows key + C and then select Settings. Now select PC settings and then selct Your Accounts. Now you would get an option to sign out of the old account. Now sign out and then try to log in using another account and check.

Let us know about the status of the issue.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tadasha Mishra  I am not getting any option to sign out from the old account upon selecting the Your Accounts tab in Windows Store. I'l post a series of screenshots describing options I am getting after following what you have suggested. 

At first I opened the Windows Store app and then the Charms bar using Windows key + C and then selected Settings. This is the screenshot after doing these mentioned steps.

Now there are two options. I first opened the Change PC Settings option but there are no tabs in it which is named "Your Accounts". The second option is to select the Your Account Option seen in the above screenshot. The below given screen shot depicts what comes next when the second option is selected.

After clicking on the Sign in option (visible in the screenshot above), what I get to see is in the screenshot given below.

I hope that you can now figure out what the problem is and help me asap.

Regards
Rahul

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the update.

I would suggest you to delete the Windows store cache and check. When you delete the store cache, it would delete the temporary data files from your account from dtore. restart the computer after deletingthe store cache and check if you are able to log into store.

I would suggest you to clear the store cache and check.

Follow these steps to do so.

a) On the desktop screen, press Windows key + R to open run box.

b) Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

Let us know about the status of the issue. We would be happy to help you.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tadasha,

Thanks for the quick response but I am sorry to say that it didn't work. I cleared the store cache using the run box and restarted the laptop as you advised but the problem is still the same as before.

I hope that you can come up with something else. :)

P.S. I know that there is no visible option for deleting and re-installing the Store app.

But sill I'l have to ask that is there a way by which I could delete the Store app and then re-install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the update.

As there is no way to remove Windows Store, I would suggest you to delete the old user account and create a new user account and check. Here are few steps to copy your data from the old user account to the new user account.

Note: You need at least three user accounts to perform this step. If you don’t have another account, you can create a new user account apart from the new user account you already created.

a) Log on as a user other than the new user you just created or the user that you want to copy files from.

b) Open File Explorer, click on the drive where Windows is installed, click on users, open you user account and then open “My documents folder”.

c) Click theView tab, and then click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

d) Clear theHide protected operating system files check box, click Yes to confirm, and then clickOK.

e) Locate the C:\Users\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy files from.

f) Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

Ntuser.dat

Ntuser.dat.log

Ntuser.ini

g) Click theEdit menu, and then click Copy. Locate the C:\Users\New_Username folder, where C is the drive that Windows is installed on, and New_Username is the name of the new user profile you created.

h) Click theEdit menu, and then click Paste.

i) Log off, and then log back on as the new user.

Try this and let us know about the status of the issue.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The thing which you told above didn't work for me

I went in file explorer then on drive on which windows is installed then users then afterwards I didn't find my documents then the steps which you told didn't come in use.

Please reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

“Windows Store login failed”

“No Windows Store login window, Windows 10”

“Sync option grayed out Windows 10”

“Error trying to log into Windows Store”

“OneNote will not Sync”

These and errors similar are flooding Internet Help Forums since Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The end point, you were able to log into the Windows Store after upgrade or update, but several weeks later after tapping “Sign In” the log in windows quickly appears then disappears. In Settings>Account>Sync you noticed all options are grayed out.

You searched the self help forums, nothing.

Contacted Microsoft, nothing.

I have the cause, effect & solution. No one is going to like this. First to establish my credentials, I have 5 IT degrees & Certificates. I have a CompTIA A+, 3 DCSE, and 2 degrees from going to an IT school.

CAUSE: After setting up Windows 10 User Sam logs into the Windows Store for the first time. He logged in with his Microsoft Passport account. When asked to make his account secure by entering his computer login password or pin he chooses “Just log into this app only” or similar. He has just defeated the Microsoft security system. Now Sam puts in his credit card information to buy apps, and all seems okay.

EFFECT: Although Microsoft allows users to choose “just log into this app” without any more security, the Store itself was not intended to bypass 3rd stage security. When a user does not use all stages of security the login for the store will fail after a few weeks, then Sync will stop for most if not all apps on Sam’s Windows 10 device.

Does this mean I have to use the “Sign un with a Microsoft Account Instead” option?

This explanation will sound odd, no you will not, but the system will. Set up your system as always, then go to Settings>Accounts create a password for the system then a computer user login pin. After doing that go to the Windows Store, use your Microsoft Passport information to log in, when asked to enter your computer password DO IT, then it will ask for your PIN, ENTER IT. You will be emailed a security key. Open your email, copy and paste the key in the security box provided. An encrypted digital key will then be created to lock your device to your account. Each user can have 10 devices on one account.

But what if you did not do the above and you can’t log into the Store or get Sync to work.

SOLUTION: This is the sad part. There is NO fix after the lock out has taken place. You can search all you want, you can clear Store Cache, you can run Troubleshoot to fix the Store, you can call MS and spend hours on phone. Once security lock out happens, that device is locked out. There is NO fix from within the current install. As hard as it is to accept you have to reinstall Windows 10. So I suggest save time, stop trying every idea on the Internet (I tried then all) and reinstall. Once you have reinstalled go to Settings>Accounts, create a user password (can be done during install but I would wait) then a pin. Then go to the Store and log in as described above.

This is currently the only fix. But why? Consider if you logged in without security and your account got hacked, you would blame Microsoft, but this leaves it up to you. It is cumbersome, but it is more secure.
Gregory

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2021 Views 3,338 Applies to: