Checkout problem when ordering Windows 8. Will not accept PayPal or credit card

Downloaded Windows upgrade assistant. Proceeded with steps. Tried to order. Selected Paypal Would not accept and dropped me out. My Paypal works just fine.

I tried it again with credit card but with same results. No explanation.

I went into my Microsoft account and entered credit card info. Tried ordering again with same resuklt

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am on hold for second time this am - same issue supposedly , but I see no news about this on net at all! Going to see what Robert Scoble and the others are saying, check techcrunch too, all this damn time to prepare and MS support was not ready for this????? worked fine for my upgrade on PC 1 last evening, so I wonder about this all
Be the best YOU you can be, be honest to yourself.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I am shocked that I don't see more about this issue online. It seems like a pretty good amount of people are having this issue. Hopefully an answer will come soon.
Failure is NOT an option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am on hold for second time this am - same issue supposedly , but I see no news about this on net at all! Going to see what Robert Scoble and the others are saying, check techcrunch too, all this damn time to prepare and MS support was not ready for this????? worked fine for my upgrade on PC 1 last evening, so I wonder about this all

After using credit card the message I got was that the order could not be processed and the window closed. However a few minutes later I got an SMS on my mobile phone stating that my card had been debited for the amount charged. 

How do I now download the Windows 8 ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got the same problem as Ramakrishnan Nair but then with paypal.

Money is transferred from bank to my paypal account but that took a while and the upgradeadvisor closed so no more download available...???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked at midnight but not now.  This isn't good for roll out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had an issue too and it's very frustrating that they don't give any option to back out of the transaction or anything. I paid for my upgrade through PayPal, the transaction completed, and then it took me to a blank blue upgrade adviser screen that did nothing for a long period of time. No options but to close the window. Starting it over just makes me pay again. A phone call to Microsoft was no help as they just told me this is a known problem and that they will call me within a few days when they can help me try to get my money back. They suggested I buy it again and try using my credit card this time and then have them refund my money soon when they call me back. Well done Microsoft. Thanks...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Failed with Credit Card, then used PayPall, and also failed, but my money was sent, where is my download ???????? Will I have to cancel the transaction ?????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also had this problem (purchase order could not be created or something), but tried a second time and all went well.

However when I checked my bank statement I found that I had been charged twice. Please help me get a refund for one of them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same thing for me (from france)

i used upgradeadvisor yesterday morning,  i am completed paypal  and nothing appear in the window of upgradeadvisor and  the paiement is pending in paypal
i phoned to microsoft and they said it's a known problem ( too much people at the same time) ...maybe they called me again today to investigate further ( i had given transaction and the bill numbers)
paypal says me : arvato distribution dont cash the money , in 29 days the pending payment will be cancelled  ( it makes me a nice leg;)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happened to me, I initially tried to pay with my debit card but it didn't accept it, then I immediately tried with Paypal and that failed too, so I did it again and it failed again.

Checked my paypal account and nothing was showing so I did it a third time (from the beginning this time) and it worked.

Then I received three emails from paypal saying a payment of £ 24.99 had been paid and indeed there are there are three transactions for £ 24.99 showing as pending.

I emailed Microsoft customer services and they gave me the number of the billing centre who are open monday to friday and today is saturday!

Frustrated!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2019 Views 2,781 Applies to: