Windows8-setup.exe Error: 0x803d0013 (We can't connect right now) IS A KEY ISSUE. How do i get a working key?

Hi,

when i start windows8-setup.exe, after i enter my valid key and after the "Just a little bit longer" prompt it says "We can't connect right now"

The error from the C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebSetup\Panther\setuperr.log is:

2012-11-05 11:46:29, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEdition: failed! [Error: 0x803d0013.]
2012-11-05 11:46:29, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEditionAsync:failed! [Error: 0x803d0013]
2012-11-05 11:46:29, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWizardPageReviewLateEntryPresenter::OnShow: WebStore API failure [Error: 0x803d0013.]

After days of troubleshooting, including different IPS's and a lot of different PC's, i had the idea to simply try another key (tried it with a technet key) and to my suprise and anger, it imedeatly worked! 

Some else confirmed that the download worked when he used a key from his friend

So as this is cleary an error on Microsofts side, please tell me how do i get a working key to download my paid copy or who should i contact about this annoying issue.

Whats even more annoying is, that i as i customer had to do the troubleshoot for microsoft, because so far every microsoft support technician i've read about has faild to identify the true issue of this error code.

This issue persists since the 26th october and there is no offical word from microsoft about it just alot of threads of people complaining that they have the same problem.

regards and thanks in advance

Binka Boeren

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem.
I even deleted my harddrive and clean installed Windows 7.

Still get the same probllems. I talked to 3 people at MS and still nothing working.  They are going to call me tonight with some kind of expert.

I was looking forward to using Windows 8 but they can't even get the download right. 

I tried this on my home pc, my laptop, my work computer and had some people in other parts of the country and even in other countries try it.  All with the same result.  My key that I got from buying the upgrade just doesn't work.

---

Update. I just tried a technet key and it worked.  So my key failed everywhere I tried it (and MS told me it's my internet) and a key I got from someone else worked on the first try. It's downloading now.  Hopefully I can install and activate with my key.

Why doesn't everyone in the forums know this is the problem and MS can't figure it out?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, below is an extract from the setup log :

CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Start validating prodcut key
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Read to call PidGenX
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: PidGenX was successfully called
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Product key was successfully validated.
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX                                      Edition        = Professional
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX                                      Base Eula Type = Retail
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   CWizardPageProductKeyPresenter::ValidateProductKey: Product key was successfully validated.
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   CWizardPageProductKeyPresenter::ValidateProductKey: Product EditionID = Professional
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   Setting selected edition info
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   Disposition           [ CREATE_NEW ]
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   Endpoint              [ https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=251883 ]
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   WizardPage PAGEID_GET_OFFERS_PROGRESS is activated: PAGEID = 5
2012-11-06 14:42:35, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::WaitForWebCallToComplete: Waiting ...
2012-11-06 14:42:41, Info                  CONX   Country Code          [ IT ]
2012-11-06 14:42:41, Info                  CONX   WebStore Opened.
2012-11-06 14:42:41, Info                  CONX   Retrieving Offer for [ Professional ]
2012-11-06 14:42:41, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEdition: failed! [Error: 0x803d0013.]

Could it be some problem with the country code ????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Binka,

I think you need to an agent that specializes in ESD.   Can a few people  that are getting this error  contract this team and let us know how it goes?

The ESD team contact list is located here:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/esd-support-phone-numbers

Can you try that and let us know if you resolved it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a bit of an issue resolving the issue even when calling the ESD. I call and they hear about the error code and send me to technical support. The answer desk looks at this very thread and sends me back to the ESD. I seem to be caught in a huge loop.

Can you assist me any further?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is my log:

CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWebSetupApp::InitializeSQMDatapoints: Detecting browser version
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   GetIEVersion: Internet Explorer registry value = 9.0.8112.16421, return value = 9
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWebSetupApp::GetAppState: [ 1 ]
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   App Running Mode: [ Late Entry ]
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Start validating prodcut key
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Read to call PidGenX
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: PidGenX was successfully called
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CPidGenHelper::ValidateProductKey: Product key was successfully validated.
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX                                      Edition        = Professional
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX                                      Base Eula Type = Retail
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CWizardPageProductKeyPresenter::ValidateProductKey: Product key was successfully validated.
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   CWizardPageProductKeyPresenter::ValidateProductKey: Product EditionID = Professional
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   Setting selected edition info
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   Disposition           [ CREATE_NEW ]
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   Endpoint              [ https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=251883 ]
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   WizardPage PAGEID_GET_OFFERS_PROGRESS is activated: PAGEID = 5
2012-11-16 11:14:24, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::WaitForWebCallToComplete: Waiting ...
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   Country Code          [ US ]
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   WebStore Opened.
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   Retrieving Offer for [ Professional ]
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEdition: failed! [Error: 0x803d0013.]
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEditionAsync:failed! [Error: 0x803d0013]
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::WaitForWebCallToComplete: Done!
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   WizardPage PageReviewLateEntry is activated: PAGEID = 8
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWizardPageReviewLateEntryPresenter::OnShow: WebStore API failure [Error: 0x803d0013.]
2012-11-16 11:14:31, Info                  CONX   WizardPage Message (MessageType = 5) is activated: PAGEID = 28
2012-11-16 11:14:35, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWebSetupApp::InitInstance: User opted out of diagnostic data upload.
2012-11-16 11:14:35, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::CloseStore
2012-11-16 11:14:35, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::WaitForWebCallToComplete: Waiting ...
2012-11-16 11:14:35, Info                  CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::WaitForWebCallToComplete: Done!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a bit of an issue resolving the issue even when calling the ESD. I call and they hear about the error code and send me to technical support. The answer desk looks at this very thread and sends me back to the ESD. I seem to be caught in a huge loop.

Can you assist me any further?

Hi Kyle,

I'm sorry to hear you are getting bounced around.   Provided you have confirmed you aren't having any sort of other internet connection issues (Which I'm assuming you aren't) then this is pretty much in the Domain of an ESD agent. I would be sure to tell them that you are hitting the "We cannot connect right now" error message.

There are some other options in this thread I would take a look at as well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

What is the meaning of this, Is this what Microsoft customer service is all about!!

I have been trying to download windows 8 via upgrade assistant for several days now and Im always getting "We can't connect to the Internet right now!". I have tried all the suggestions made in all the threads I could find here but none of them seem to work!!!

the setuperr log shows the following:

2012-11-23 16:36:33, Error                
CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEdition: failed! [Error: 0x803d0013.]

CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEditionAsync:failed! [Error: 0x803d0013]

CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWizardPageReviewLateEntryPresenter::OnShow: WebStore API failure [Error: 0x803d0013.]

Please Microsoft, give me a solution for this or refund my money!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too

Im on my 8th call after needing to redownload after reformatting drive and the customer service is just comical now.  I'm getting nowhere and quite frankly I'm not that bothered as I have used Windows 8 for a while in its various formats and i think its just a mess.  The inteface is ugly and the app store is just an embarrasment.  I believe Office is going to be available for iPad soon so Im going to go with that and ditch Microsoft OS if it doesnt work asap.

Jimbo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I tried what was suggested in the other thread and also spoke to an ESD. They think the issue was due to my attempted download on a WIN 7 Enterprise machine.

To see if this was the issue, I imaged another machine with Win 7 Pro x86 and activated the licence. (I am a sysadmin for a large corporation with access to many machines+purchased a few Win7 licences a while back) Wihout antivirus, firwall, etc. I still could not download the software. I am getting the error message, We can't connect right now.

I downloaded the software, thus do not have internet connectivity issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did call ESD about it (once I found that the Irish freecall number is apparently not working so I had to go through the UK one).
Trying to download Windows 8 Pro 64bit (German).
Tried from two physical PCs, one VM (that's totally clean with no firewall or AV on it), three different networks... same result.

2012-12-12 13:50:38, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEdition: failed! [Error: 0x803d0013.]
2012-12-12 13:50:38, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::COnlineStore::GetOfferForEditionAsync:failed! [Error: 0x803d0013]
2012-12-12 13:50:38, Error                 CONX   ConX::Setup::Web::CWizardPageReviewLateEntryPresenter::OnShow: WebStore API failure [Error: 0x803d0013.]

ESD support pointed me to "a direct download" at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only but that turned out to just be another location to get the windows8-setup.exe rather than a direct ISO download.
Unsurprisingly, the result remained the same and ESD told me to get in touch with technical support so they can take a remote desktop session. Referencing this or other threads on microsoft.com did not make any difference.

I've got a case reference number now, as well as a contact number for technical support, but having read this and its sister thread I have a feeling I already know what the result of talking to technical support is going to be...

So please, mighty Microsoft, won't you just give out the direct ISO download link instead of having us mess with that silly installer?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2019 Views 11,016 Applies to: