Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor has stopped working

I am trying to install this program from a disc onto my computer but this message keeps coming up during the same file, it says Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor has stopped working.  How do I solve this issue? here are all the details that may help:

computer: HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

operating system: Windows 8

program I'm trying to install: Bentley MICROSTATION V8i

part of program file is in: Setup Prerequisites 08.11.05.05_en

file the error is occurring on: dotnetfx35.exe

This disc is from the library at my college and tons of people have successfully used it. there is not a single scratch on the disc either, so I highly doubt that it is a problem with the disc.

Hi,

Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

The program is compatible with Windows 8 operating system. As you are having trouble installing the program, follow these methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to install the program in a clean boot mode and disable startup items to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

The .NET Framework 4.5 is included with Windows 8 and installed on your computer with the operating system. However, the .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 8. To run applications that require the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, you must enable version 3.5 on your computer.

Refer to the articles for additional information:

Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx

.NET Framework 4.5 is default and .NET Framework 3.5 is optional (Windows)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh848079%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Note: The article provided is for reference. Do not make any changes to the registry as it might cause system instability.

Let us know the results. If you have any further issues related to Windows, please post your question and we will be happy to help you.

Rohit S

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2023 Views 4,926 Applies to: