Upgrading to Windows 8 and stuck at Getting ready 2%

Installing on HP Pavilion laptop dv6 with A8 AMD Vision processor. Has newest BIOs.
Answer
Answer
That link had the answers were looking for. click and scroll until you see realtek driver incompatabilities. ill paste part of it. WERE SAVED!

Step 6: Uninstall and delete Realtek Card Reader software (specific models only)
Realtek Card Reader driver (version 6.1.7600.74) may cause the Windows 8 installation to fail. If your series computer is listed in the following table, remove the Realtek Card Reader driver before installing Windows 8. If your computer is not listed in the table, continue to the next step.
Notebook computer series with Realtek Card Reader driver (version 6.1.7600.74)
dv6-6bxx g4-11XX
dv6z-6bxx g4-12XX
dv7-6bxx g6-11xx
dv7z-6bxx
Uninstall the Realtek Card Reader driver:
  1. Click Start , right-click Computer , and select Properties .
  2. Click Device Manager .
  3. Select Realtek PCIE CardReader in Device Manager under Memory Technology driver , and click theUninstall button.
  4. Check the box Delete the Driver Software for this device , then click OK .
  5. Read and respond to any messages that open while the software is being removed from your computer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Resolved the problem. Uninstall the Realtek adaptor software from Programs. Then in device manager uninstall and delete drivers from that device. Then disable that device. Should work for you also however I also installed off USB key when I did the upgrade so you may want to do that also.

I also just unistalled Realtek from Control panel/programs and features and it worked. 

I have an HP dv7 A8

Thank you alot for the solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2020 Views 4,762 Applies to: