PCI CONTROLLER ERROR F1 CONTINUE F10 BIOS SET UP

Dear Sir,

I am using laptop HP 4520s Probook of Canada. I formetted my pc and try to installed windows 8.0 Pro (licence key version). when i restarted my pc , i found error: "PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

PCI CONTROLLER ERROR

F1 CONTINUE F10 BIOS SET UP

I checked HP website of Canada country. They are not providing any drivers for windows 8.0. Is there any way to use windows 8.0 and rectify that error.

Why that error appear ? 

Regards,

Maulik bhatt

Answer
Answer

Hello Maulik,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing. I appreciate your efforts towards resolving this issue.

This issue usually arises when compatible drivers are not installed or available. The drivers are provide by the hardware manufacturer. Hence, these drivers can be downloaded from the HP’s support website or the support website of the individual hardware company, depending on the piece of hardware. However, as you mentioned that the drivers are not available, you may try a work around and check if it works. You may download the drivers available for Windows 7 and install them in compatibility mode. To do so refer to the steps below:

Install in compatibility mode

You may also try to install it compatibility mode. After downloading the setup files from the support website, try the following steps.
 a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties
 b. Select Compatibility Tab
 c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
 d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know the results once you have tried these steps.

Thank You

Regards,
Sahil Bali

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 3,541 Applies to: