Do want to purchase product key for $39.99, but want to activate Windows 8.

Original title: Purchasing the $39.99 product key.

I purchased Windows 8 Pro, at a retail location, for my work computer.  I installed it and used the product key, everything went smoothly.  I decided I wanted to run Windows 8 Pro on my personal computer.  I installed it using the cd previously purchased and now I want to buy a product key so I can customize it.  The only key I can find is the $69.99 one, I have seen the $39.99 one if you download online. I don't need to download, I just need the key since it is already installed.  When I go to Activate Windows and click on Buy A Product Key Online it takes me a screen for the $69.99 one. Is there a link so I can just buy a $39.99 key, I don't need to download anything, I just need the key.  A call to customer service and an online chat with customer service and I still can't get what I want, can you help?

Answer
Answer

How to buy another Windows 8 on a Windows 8 computer?

Press Windows key + X

Click System

Under Windows Edition, click the link:

View details in Window Activation

Click Buy Windows on another computer

just let the upgrade assistance run, follow the steps then it should allow you to buy just the product key that you can use on other pc

This works YES BUT it will cost me $69. Widows 8 is available for download for $39. I already have windows 8 loaded on my 2nd computer so WHY can I not just buy the activation key for $39?

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2020 Views 56,514 Applies to: