Bluestacks cant install on my vaio windows 8 computer,why?

Cant install bluestacks on my vaio windows 8 computer.Can you please help me fix that problem.

Hi Leonard,

I see that this is your first post in this community, welcome to the Microsoft Community forum.

What happens when you try to install the application? Do you get an error?

If you are referring to the Bluestacks app player, it is compatible with Windows 8. You can check the compatibility information here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Software&Name=BlueStacks+App+Player&ModelOrVersion=0&Vendor=BlueStacks&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&LastSearchTerm=bluestacks&BreadcrumbPath=bluestacks&TempOsid=Windows+8

If you are unable to install this application, it could be due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to run this fix it which checks and resolves issues in installing software:

I would suggest you to try installing the application in safe mode and check. Refer to this article:

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled 

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/ 

Note: First select Detects problems and Apply the fixes for me and then select installing when it gives you a pop up. Now select the application you want to install from the list and install it. 

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install it in safe mode and check.You can find more information about safe mode and how to boot the computer in safe mode in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Try these steps and let us know the results. If the issue persists, please get back to us with more information about what happens when you try to install the application, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

djrenilson

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have this problem..it was workin for months..i did there self fix thing 3 times..did a computer maintenance..i even uninstalled and reinstall 3 time..yet the app sticks in the loading screen..so I did a computer refresh..now all my games I had been playing is gone..and it still sticks..months fo playing waisted and gone..im a very unhappy camper....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 2,591 Applies to: