Wedge Mouse + Wedge Keyboard = Repeating Keys (Help!)

Whenever my wedge mouse is used together with my wedge keyboard, the keyboard repeats keys. 

I know it's the mouse because when I remove the mouse battery, the keyboard works without repeating keys! 

Anyone have a workaround?

Thanks,

- Nick

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums.

From the description, it seems that you are facing issues with Wedge Mouse and Wedge Keyboard.

To assist you better I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1)       Have you made any changes to the hardware or software to your computer prior to the issue?

2)       Do you get any error message / code?

Follow the steps and check,

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a)      Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

b)      Click on Search, type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c)      Click on View All.

d)      Select Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

e)      Click next to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Steps to go the Device Manager

a)      Right-click on the Start screen and then click All apps.

b)     Once on the Apps screen, scroll or swipe to the right until you sees the Windows System heading.

c)      Tap or click on Control Panel, located under Windows System.

Windows 8 will bring up the Desktop and automatically open the Control Panel.

d)     Tap or click on the Mice and Other Pointing Devices.

Note: You won't see Mice and Other Pointing Devices if your Control Panel view is set to Large icons or Small icons. In your case, just tap or click on Device Manager and then move on to Step 6

e)      In the Mice and Other Pointing Devices window, click or tap Device Manager, located under the Keyboards.

f)       Click on the Arrow and check if you see any error message/code.

Method 3: Update the latest version of Wedge Mouse and Wedge Keyboard drivers.

Refer to the link to download the Wedge Mouse drivers.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wedge-touch-mouse

Hope the information helps. If you need further assistance, please reply. We will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did all three methods.  Still the same problem.

No errors in the device manager.

And this doesn't just happen with Windows.  It happens when I partner with an Android device as well.  Taking the battery out of the Wedge mouse fixes the problem 100% of the time.

- Nick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you notice the troubleshooter linked from the same page?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/mouse/wireless-bluetooth 

---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I've tried all those things.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I solved the problem.  After trying all the things mentioned on this forum, I determined the keyboard was defective.  So, I went back to Staples and exchanged the Wedge Keyboard for another Wedge Keyboard and now it works just fine.

Bottom line: certain Microsoft Wedge Keyboards have bad Bluetooth chips.  If your keyboard repeats keys, exchange the keyboard with a working one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I solved the problem.  After trying all the things mentioned on this forum, I determined the keyboard was defective.  So, I went back to Staples and exchanged the Wedge Keyboard for another Wedge Keyboard and now it works just fine.

Bottom line: certain Microsoft Wedge Keyboards have bad Bluetooth chips.  If your keyboard repeats keys, exchange the keyboard with a working one.

I hate to do this, but I tried pairing the wedge mouse + wedge keyboard to my Android tablet (vs. my WIndows 8 tablet), and I got the repeating keys problems.  So the problem isn't totally fixed.

My android tablet (Xoom) is up to date on drivers, so my guess is that it is indeed a Microsoft Bluetooth interaction problem.  Bluetooth on the wedge mouse interferes with the Bluetooth on the wedge keyboard.

After the epic fail with the Android tablet, I went back to my Windows 8 tablet and things are fine--no repeating keys. 

Now this may not help users who have the repeating keys problem, but if you do have this problem I suggest that in Windows 8 > Settings > Devices

1) Remove both keyboard and mouse devices
2) Re-pair keyboard and mouse

Maybe different Bluetooth addresses will minimize the interference that leads to the repeating keys.

Another thing you could try is to increase the repeat key delay in Accessibility > Keyboard Settings > Speed

I don't know if these will work, but at least I gave folks with problems something concrete to try.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this problem as well, intermittently. This is with a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2, which has a Broadcom Bluetooth/Wifi card built-in. Windows has been updated from Microsoft, and all the drivers have been updated from Lenovo, according to the update apps.

I can't make it reproduce, nor can I solve it reliably with one technique (although repairing/turning off wireless stuff eventually works).

I've got a variety of keyboards and mice; it's only been with the two Wedge keyboards that I've had trouble.

The Broadcom card has trouble with sleeping/waking , both with Bluetooth and Wifi intermittently, as well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with the ThinkPad 2. I didn't realize it was the mouse that was causing the problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft's support is so disappointing.  They are so big, they can blow off customers and not investigate obvious problems with their hardware.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same issue, Here is my configuration:

Dell Latitude 10 running Windows 8

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard

Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

Dell Docking/Charging Cradle

I was able to pair both the Keyboard and Mouse to my Dell Tablet without any problems. When I try to type in MS Word, Windows Mail, or any program that typing it will repeat letters randomly, long delays when typing and when you see the letters appear onscreen. If I turn off the mouse the repeating keys and delay goes away and everything is normal, turn the mouse back on and the issue reappears.

I have installed and removed both of them many times, installed the most current drivers and software, all with no improvement to the issue. I have even unchecked the "Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager, no difference. I also have installed and removed Microsoft "Mouse and Keyboard Center" many times with no difference. One question about this software, is even though this is the software for this keyboard you cannot bring up the keyboard only the mouse so there is no way to change settings on the Keyboard.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2021 Views 5,930 Applies to: