After Installing an Update PC keeps restarting in cycles

Original Title: Windows 8 laptop, was working fine then tried to instal an update after a restart it just keeps cycling with nothing on the screen but "Restarting"

I have a brand new Windows 8 laptop, was working fine then tried to instal an update after a restart it just keeps cycling with nothing on the screen but "Restarting"  I have tried to look in here as to what to do but all suggestions would be for someone who's windows actually loads.  This does nothing.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Communities.

As I understand, after installing an update you are unable to boot to desktop and your PC keeps on rebooting in cycles. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry we are here to help.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1:

Let's try to perform a system restore using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘System Restore’ and select the operating system.

Method 2:

If system restore does not work then let's perform a startup repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.
a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.
b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Please perform all the recommended steps and if after following the steps issue still persists please revert back to us and we will be glad to provide you with additional options available that you can use to get this issue resolved.

If you are unable to perform the steps mentioned above I would recommend you to contact our live support by clicking on the link http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?RDPATH=dm;en-us;selectassist&target=assistance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2023 Views 6 Applies to: