Tunein/metro apps lower volume after switch to desktop mode

I am having a problem with my sound lowering everytime i switch from Tunein from metro to desktop mode?  I have seen several post on this topic, but i have yet to find a solution to my problem.

--The procedure i do:

- Go to Start screen
- Open Tune in
- Select station to stream
- Go back to the Start Screen or hit the [windows key]
- Click desktop off start screen
- Volume lowers so much i can't barley hear it.

There is no volume controls under the volume mixer to control the metro app's volume?

- I then go back into the Start screen
- click on the TuneIn app
- Volume goes to normal?

My question is how do i keep a constant volume on desktop mode, so i don't have to keep metro TuneIn app open while Im working on my other monitor ?   Can someone please find a work around for this problem?  I can't find one my self!

I also noticed from this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/W8ITProPreRel/thread/f862114e-8c30-4c66-830e-0018de1e8103

-- Some people say you need to Kill WWAHost.exe ?
- I opened task manger and found 5 WWAHost.exe running in the background?  This looks like a bug to me.

Heres a screenshot of my task manger
http://i.imgur.com/ZPNc7.png

-HELP!
Answer
Answer
For the record, I had this problem, and tried all of the suggested fixes here (apart from the clearly ridiculous system file checker and troubleshooter *sigh*). I found a forum post suggesting that closing Steam (valve's game platform) fixed the problem for someone else, and lo' and behold it worked for me as well.

I'm not sure why this works, it could be something to do with the communications muting, but mine is set to "do nothing", so who knows. For now I'll keep using a desktop music playing app instead of a "metro" one.

MS Guys - if you could have a look at this one that would be great.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2022 Views 6,697 Applies to: