The camera/webcam on my Windows 8 laptop says that "something went wrong while taking this picture" when I try to take a picture.

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad S405 with Windows 8. The webcam is a Lenovo Easy Image that is manufactured by Vimicro and is built into my laptop. Every time I try to click to take a picture, an error message pops up that says "something went wrong while taking this picture". Another strange thing is that four of the videos that I took are listed in the camera roll, but don't have graphics and cannot be played. All of my earlier pictures and videos are still there though. I have watched the videos before and they were still present, but now they are gone. I have not made any changes to settings or anything else on my computer, and control panel seems to think that the camera is still working. I have tried updating my computer with Windows updates but nothing is working. I have also just discovered that my photos folder is no longer working and Windows says it can be safely deleted. I can't access any of my photos, music, or videos. I think the problem might be that my photos have no place to be stored, but I need to know how to fix this.

Thanks,
QuartzCanteloupe
Answer
Answer
I found a solution to my own problem! In a different post, someone had the same message about how the library.ms could be deleted, but it was empty. They deleted the libraries by right-clicking, and then right-clicked on the left libraries option. I then clicked on "restore deleted folders" and my folders came back with the items restored. I could then take photos and videos because they had a place to be stored.

Thanks,
QuartzCanteloupe

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2022 Views 4,812 Applies to: