"kdbsync.exe stopped working"

As soon as the Windows 8 starts I get the following message:

"kdbsync.exe stopped working"

Any workaround is really appreciated.

Robbie Doo
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Robbie Doo replied on

Thank you Shylesh for your reponse. Yes, the problem was the AMD video card driver with Win 8. So I uninstalled everything AMD from my computer and reinstalled an older version first. After that I installed the newer version over, which in turn fixed the error message (hopefully for good). :)

Grandaduk
Found this helpful 81
Most Helpful Reply
Grandaduk replied on

Go to Control Panel Programs (uninstall a programme)

Click the AMD Catalyst Install Manager to highlight it.
Above you will see a button that says 'Change'. Click that.
Now Click Uninstall Manager, Click Next
Then Click on custom and press Next again.
Tick the box for AMD APP SDK Runtime, then click Next
Now Click Finish.

The issue should be resolved.

Shylesh B
Found this helpful 0
Shylesh B replied on

Hi,

Please provide some additional information for a better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model number of the computer?

2. Have you installed any AMD software recently?

3. What was the recent hardware or software change made to the computer prior to the issue?

The file (Kernel Data base) kdbsync.exe is a program from AMD, apparently it has been set to start with the computer or there is a conflict with a third party program or security software which is causing the issue.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to help troubleshoot the issue.

First start the computer in clean boot and check.

Method 1

a. Press the Win+R key combination and type msconfig in the run box and hit enter

b. Click on the On the General tab,

c. Click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.

d. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

e. Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.

f. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Once the necessary troubleshooting steps are done follow step C just click on Normal start up and choose apply and restart the computer.

Method 2

Scan your computer for infections.

How can I help protect my PC from viruses?

How do I find and remove a virus?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-defender#1TC=t1

If the above steps fail then please turn off your antivirus program if you are using a third party program and check. (Once the issue is resolved you may turn the protection back on)

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps.

Robbie Doo
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Robbie Doo replied on

Thank you Shylesh for your reponse. Yes, the problem was the AMD video card driver with Win 8. So I uninstalled everything AMD from my computer and reinstalled an older version first. After that I installed the newer version over, which in turn fixed the error message (hopefully for good). :)

Grandaduk
Found this helpful 81
Grandaduk replied on

Now Click Finish.

BarneyLerten
Found this helpful 1
BarneyLerten replied on

Well Grandaduk that worked for me! Or so it appears, after a clean restart. Why they default some developer crud turned on who knows. Weird I haven't seen this answer elsewhere among the many out there on the Web. AMD should have an answer to this and search-engine optimize to make it the first thing that comes up via Google!
Thanks so much!
NathanWhatley
Found this helpful 6
NathanWhatley replied on

Now Click Finish.

This worked for me also - however, I was concerned and contacted AMD customer support. They replied the following :

"We are currently working on a Knowledge Base article which addresses this issue, so we just have to wait for it to clear Legal. We have seen this issue arise from the AMD APP SDK, which is directly related to the OpenCL functionality of the card, most often used in image compression and file transcoding. If you are not using the Accelerated Video Transcoder/AVIVO software, and are not developing any OpenGL/OpenCL code or using Adobe CS6, then this is not a required installation. We are currently writing a KB article to address this, and our Catalyst Engineers are working towards a solution, but this is the only way to avoid this issue at present time (namely uninstalling the APP SDK for now)."

That was enough to have reassure me.

N0sh0
Found this helpful 4
N0sh0 replied on

Now Click Finish.

uninstalling the AMD APP SDK Runtime resolved the error message for me too.
Oiseau49
Found this helpful 1
Oiseau49 replied on

Thank you. Problem sorted.
PhilipeStronge
Found this helpful 1
PhilipeStronge replied on

This is the one time that I tried a fix using this answer workaround  site.  IT WORKED JUST FINE THE FIRST TIME  Thank you for posting a fix for kdbsync.exe and AMD driver fix.  I am now a happy camper. 
Cato Østerhaug
Found this helpful 0
Cato Østerhaug replied on

I messed something up when i tinkered with the overclocking utility in the catalyst software and ended up with the kdbsync error wich i never got rid of when reinstalling drivers. Better lay of the clocking i guess.