Error in windows 8. Check disk error and hang.

Can I ask those who knows to solve my problem..

My sister bought my laptop with already a windows 8 o.s

from the start it was running smoothly but when I started installing software I notice it suddenly hangs.

Self repair takes place..... diagnosing pc...

I restarts it several times... and it still scan and repair pc every time I log in..

I tried checking the disk error and I chose the "scan drive" since it was the recommended. but suddenly it stops around 12% and restart itself and again scan and repair pc... but then when it was 100% complete nothing is changing it still scan and repair.

everytime I check errors on the disk its always like that hangs up and restart... please help me. and one time there's an error pop up

Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc

Advanced options to try other options to repair your pc

C:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Hi Rialyn,

1)      Do you remember making any hardware or software changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2)      Do you have a Windows 8 installation media?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Let us try booting the computer disconnecting all the external devices except keyboard and mouse and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, let us check the issue booting the computer in safe mode, if the issue doesn’t occur let us perform a clean boot.

Method 2: Let us try booting the computer in safe mode and let us perform a clean boot.

Step 1: Perform Safe Mode

When you start Windows 8 in Safe Mode, you start it with only the processes absolutely necessary for Windows to be usable.

Click the link and follow the steps “Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Check if you face the same issue in safe mode. If the issue doesn’t persists in safe mode, the place the computer in clean boot and check. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Reset the computer to start as usual.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

If the issue persists, let us perform an automatic repair with Windows 8 installation media.

Method 3: Perform an automatic repair in recovery Environment with Windows 8 installation media.

Please follow the steps given below. Insert the Windows 8 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.

g) Next, choose the Operating System by clicking on its button.

h) Windows 8 will then looks for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

If you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 718 Applies to: