how I trust this pc

Dear microsoft Support

Why I don't use this Pc and my Password until I trust this Pc

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Why I don't use this Pc and my Password until I trust this Pc

A trusted PC is a Microsoft account security feature. Only trusted PCs are allowed to synchronize passwords. You can also more easily reset your password from a trusted PC, should you ever forget it.
Passwords stored with your Microsoft account will only sync to trusted PCs – even if someone is able to log into a Windows 8 PC with your Microsoft account, they won’t have access to your passwords unless they also have access to your account recovery email or phone number.
How To Trust a PC

To trust your PC after signing into Windows 8 for the first time, open the Action Center and click the Trust this PC link.

You can also mouse over the bottom or top right corners of your screen, click the Settings charm, and select Change PC Settings.

Click the Trust this PC link on the Users pane.

After logging in with the Microsoft account you’re using with Windows 8, you’ll be able to enter the security code Microsoft sent you. This code may be sent to your email address or your cell phone, depending on the recovery information you provided while setting up your Microsoft account.

You can click the I didn’t get the code to have Microsoft send you the security code at an email or phone number of your choice. If you don’t have access to a cell phone, Microsoft can also call a landline phone instead of sending a text message.

If you were emailed a security confirmation, you can also click the Confirm button in the email you received from the Microsoft account team.

Click the button or enter the code and your computer will be confirmed as trusted for your Microsoft account.

MicrosoftMVP.Lead Software Engineer-Directory Service & Exchange.AWS,AZURE, Jenkins,DevOps ,Maria DB(,MCSE. MCP .MCSA, CCNA ,RHCE)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2022 Views 3,010 Applies to: