Slow wifi with Broadcom (BCM43XX Net (04/06/2011 5.100.198.22) with Windows 8?

My Internet download speed cannot break 1 mbps. I am successfully connecting to my college's wifi which is secured with WPA2 Enterprise; thus I cannot change any settings on the wireless routers. The wireless chip I am using is a Broadcom (BCM43XX Net (04/06/2011 5.100.198.22). The Internet worked well with Windows 7 on my computer. Others on my campus are also having trouble with their wireless Internet running slow ever since the upgrade to Windows 8. I have tried uninstalling the driver and allowing Windows 8 to install it on restart with no success.  Windows 8 reports that the driver is up to date. I have tried using Microsoft's fix that was listed in a forum. Help is greatly appreciated as I have tried reinstall older version of the driver to no avail. Any help is really appreciated as this is an annoying problem! Have a good day. 

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your campus administrator for assistance on the issue.

Hope this information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 8 i have same problem like you.
Problem solved for me by updating the wi-fi driver with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hhouqwdwbxi76t3

David
My Internet download speed cannot break 1 mbps. I am successfully connecting to my college's wifi which is secured with WPA2 Enterprise; thus I cannot change any settings on the wireless routers. The wireless chip I am using is a Broadcom (BCM43XX Net (04/06/2011 5.100.198.22). The Internet worked well with Windows 7 on my computer. Others on my campus are also having trouble with their wireless Internet running slow ever since the upgrade to Windows 8. I have tried uninstalling the driver and allowing Windows 8 to install it on restart with no success.  Windows 8 reports that the driver is up to date. I have tried using Microsoft's fix that was listed in a forum. Help is greatly appreciated as I have tried reinstall older version of the driver to no avail. Any help is really appreciated as this is an annoying problem! Have a good day. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your answer was very helpful. Now my Dell Wireless 1505 (Broadcoam 34XX) card runs with 20 10 MB/s instead of 55 KB/s

Thank you very much!

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 8 i have same problem like you.
Problem solved for me by updating the wi-fi driver with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hhouqwdwbxi76t3

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The link is dead.. Please post a new link .. I need it desperately
thank u . Have a good day..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2020 Views 3,413 Applies to: