Slow wifi Acer 5755G

My wifi is very slow after installing windows 8 on my acer 5755G, my netwerk card (broadcom) isn't supported yet, how long will it take to sort this out because i use wifi allmost all the time..
Answer
Answer
My wifi is very slow after installing windows 8 on my acer 5755G, my netwerk card (broadcom) isn't supported yet, how long will it take to sort this out because i use wifi allmost all the time..

You are asking in the wrong place.  If a piece of hardware is not supported under a given operating system - you ask the manufacturer (Broadcom, you said) of said hardware *if* and when they may support that particular product under the given OS.

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers and installing them in compatibility mode?
http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3801

Although, looking at that web page, a Wireless Networking driver was released for that system for Windows 8 on 10-12-2012 ; although it is not "Broadcom" but Atheros...

The latest Broadcom (from Acer) driver listed that may be able to be installed under Windows 8 is this one - and may help you if installed in compatibility mode.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 30, 2018 Views 433 Applies to: