Microsoft keyboard with fingerprint reader

Does anybody know how I get my fingerprint reader to work on windows 8 64 bit version?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for posting the question. As per the description, you are unable to get the fingerprint reader to work on Windows 8 64 bit.

I understand it must be very difficult when things do not work as expected. Please answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

1. What is the model number for the Microsoft keyboard with fingerprint reader?

2. What happens when you try to use the fingerprint reader?

3. Have you upgraded to Windows 8? Was it working fine with your previous operating system?

I would suggest you to check with the full name on Windows 8 compatibility center to see whether the device is compatible or not. You may refer the article:

Windows compatibility center

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=Microsoft%2Bkeyboard%2Bfingerprint%2Breader%2B&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

You may search the name or if you find that the keyboard that is listed is the one that you are working with, you may reply back to us.

Hope this information helps. Please reply with more information regarding the issue so that we could help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello again.

The model number is 1032.

Apart from the fingerprint part of the keyboard everything else works on the keyboard, I believe it is to do with a software issue that Windows won't allow to do with Digitalpersona which is ridiculous as it is a Microsoft product.

The last time it worked was with Windows 7 32 bit edition! I have since upgraded twice since then!

I have fully upgraded to Windows 8.

Thanks.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a quick note.. The problem also occurs with the 'Microsoft Fingerprint Reader' stand alone finger print device.. Again it used the DigitalPersona software.

Annoyingly the Windows Upgrade Assistant lists it as Compatible, but I can assure Microsoft it isn't, which is a bit of a disgrace since its a Microsoft product. You would hope they could at least test their own products accurately.

It's mildly annoying.

(The website linked above correctly says it's not compatible.. It would also maybe be helpful to incorporate that data into the Upgrade Advisor??)

Thanks,
Sam

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know why Microsoft take a perfectly good and great product and make it obsolete because they block the software needed for it for no good reason at all. Come on Microsoft lets have the software needed to get this keyboard with fingerprint reader working in full again and be allowed to use a product you have taken money from us for. What is the problem, just want us to buy more products from you? I won't be in case you make that obsolete also! 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I won't be purchasing any more Microsoft hardware in the future because it is apparent that they don't offer proper support for their products. I can only assume that the reason is because they feel that the cost to develop the necessary software would be too expensive compared to the relatively few people who own fingerprint readers. And I suggest that we make sure that relatively few people own ANY Microsoft hardware products in the future. I've never had a problem with Logitech and HP support. Too bad they don't make fingerprint readers. Oh well, there are other manufacturers.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For Maxb46 too..

A nice letter from Digital Persona for users of hardware which use Digital Persona fingerprint software..

"Thank you for contacting DigitalPersona Technical Support.

Effective April 26, 2010, DigitalPersona announced the end-of-sale and end-of life (“EOL”) dates for the DigitalPersona Personal and DigitalPersona File Protection software.

For additional information, please visit us on the web at http://www.digitalpersona.com/Support/Customer-Ser

We regret if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The DigitalPersona Support Team

I think that you might be a little premature in calling for a boycott of Microsoft hardware being as Digital Persona pulled out of the game TWO years before the release of Windows 8.

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is only the fingerprint part which doesn't work. The rest of the keyboard is good to go.

Please see my post on Digital Persona in this thread, the post just above this one.. :-)

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 3,718 Applies to: