Macbook Air - Windows 8 Time and date issue

I am running Windows 8 on my 11" Macbook Air.  It now mainly works well following Apple's release of the new drivers for Windows 8.  Since upgrading to those new drivers I have been plagued by the date and time which keeps changing to 13 hours ahead.  I have checked time on cmd and it gives the same (wrong) time.  I have another machine at home which works perfectly (a Dell), and the two machines share settings, etc.  Time zone is correct (UTC Auckland) and I have set it to sync with time.windows.com

Got me totally stumped, but its much more of a nuisance than you can imagine.....
AJ
Answer
Answer

Hi

Please ask this question on the App Macbook Air support forums.

Apple - Support - MacBook Air:

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookair/

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Do you have the Boot Camp drivers installed? OS X and Windows calculate current time differently. Apple's Boot Camp drivers come with a utility to automatically change the time to (mostly) prevent that. But in some cases, I've noticed that the Apple service will sometimes think the time is wrong and keep changing it. In this case, the solution is to repair/reinstall the Boot Camp drivers and restart the moment it tells you to and to not put that off.

In other words, it's the Apple time service thinking the time is wrong and keeps adjusting it for you. For me, a simple restart into OS X then back into Windows fixed it.

If the Apple time service keeps changing the time in Windows after repair/reinstalling/restarting, it's time to contact Apple for assistance.
"No matter where you are, everyone is connected"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: