I have lost the driver for my USB2.0-CRW. Any idea where I can download it?

I have lost the driver for the USB2.0-CRW. I think its is a Realtek and the software is version 6.1.8400.39030 but I can't find it anywhere to download. Any ideas?
Answer
Answer

Hi Ian,

Thank you for posting your question on the Microsoft community forums.

I understand that you are trying to install the drivers for USB2.0-CRW. Refer the link and download the drivers designed for Windows 7.

http://www.drivermax.com/driver/update/USB/Compatible-USB-storage-device/USB2.0-CRW/436978

You can install the Windows 7 drivers in Windows 8 using the compatibility mode. Follow the steps.

a)      Enter the Start screen

b)      Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you have a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and slide your finger to the center of the screen to show the Charms bar)

c)       Search for Troubleshooting, Click Settings in the right column.

d)      Click Troubleshooting. Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

e)      Click Next, select Not Listed. Click Next

f)       Click Browse and select the installer that you downloaded using the link above.

g)      Click Next, click Troubleshoot program

h)      Check The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now box

i)        Click Next, select the last known working operating system for this driver (probably Window 7)

j)        Click Next

Let us know if you need further help.

Vinod Archak
Forum Moderator

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2021 Views 45,136 Applies to: