Diamond Muiltimedia ATI theater 750 HD TV tuner card not working with Windows 8

I have tried several different drivers and I have tried installing them in compatibility mode and nothing works. In device manager it detects the card and drivers, but WMC doesn't pick up any signal. I spoke to AMD and Diamond MM, but no answers. 

Is there any way to get my tuner to work without having to wait for an updated driver that may never come?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft community!

As you have already tried installing it in compatibility mode and still it does not work. I would suggest you to wait till the Diamond Multimedia ATI theater 750 release compatible drivers in order to work on Windows 8

For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

At what point in time does Microsoft assume responsibility of keeping their software compatible with existing hardware. ATI hasn't made that wide a variety of TV tuner products. A $55 upgrade became a $155 upgrade when I decided to buy a TV tuner with a hardware MPEG2 encoder to solve this problem. The hardware vendors have to routinely fight to maintain support of their product in an existing software suite (media center) that keeps dropping compatibility for their products.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea when these windows 8 Ati Theater drivers 64bit will be available? I'll probably need them for my Tv-tuner ASUS my cinema ES2-750. I'm waiting for this driver to install windows 8, because I don't want to lose the tv functionality.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft supplies a WDM driver for this card threw windows update, but that driver dose not work, I keep getting LOW BITRATE, even with the WDM driver provided by Microsoft, I thought windows 8 was supposed to compatible. Makes me wish I never bought it!!  oh well complete waist of $45 upgrade !! And WAIST OF MY TIME.   Looks like I'm downgrading to 7

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh glad I found this.....banging my head on a brick trying to figure out what was going on.  Trying to give the vendors some leeway but it seems no matter how up-to-date I keep my hardware, everything I upgrade windows I am back to buying about 300 bucks in new parts.  I have the Diamond ATI HD750 tuner card as well.  I am very disapointed.  If this was the kids of issues expected with this Media Centre release then why not just say Media Centre Not Supported.  The whole point/core function of media centre is DVR  I too just waisted 45 bucks . I have learned my lesson.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I pulled my old ATI DTV Wonder Pci card out of the dust bin, and it works fine in Windows 7 Ultimate, but not in Windows 8 pro+WMC on the same pc (dual boot). WMC 8 finds the channels and even displays the callsigns but says no signal when you try to watch a channel. I wonder if the glitch isn't with WMC in Windows 8. WMC in Windows 7 Ultimate is not much different. Card drivers are the same for both versions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After I installed Windows 8, my 750 HD PCIE tuner cards were not working. I rolled back my driver to a previous version and it has been working fine ever since.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Seattlehusker,

Thank you for sharing the information. This might help other users who are facing a similar kind of an issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought this Diamond TV Wonder HD750 PCI-e for my new Windows 8 Build and had few problems when I installed the Arcsoft TotalMedia software, all the software installed correctly except the hardware drivers themselves. After trying compatibility mode, I tried again running just the driver install App from the disc at:
"G:\Driver\Win7x64"

bypassing the autoplay installation, but this did not work for me either. The programs would open but would display an error regarding missing TV Tuner Hardware. I was a bit disappointed when I couldn't find Win8 drivers at Diamond or ATI/AMD, but this prompted me to check just what the hardware issue was by looking in Device Manager.  The hardware was simply NOT getting its drivers from the installation applications.  What little info I found suggested some peeps were getting this to work by rolling back to the Win7 driver.  Since my new PC was a clean install because I upgraded from XP, I had no rollback drivers. Hmm, would a manual driver install work?
  I soon discovered the fix was fairly easy, all I had to do was a manual driver installation of the PCI-e device. Using Device Manager, I found the TV Wonder under the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers Heading. Note the TV Wonder is listed as "Hybrid ATSC/QAM PCI Express". Do NOT use the "find driver automatically", instead, I browsed to the installation disc to:
"G:\Driver\Win7x64\x64"
and selected the "av88pcie.inf" file.
  All ArcSoft Programs and TV Wonder features work great now.
  I wrote both Diamond and Microsoft because Microsoft compatibility site doesn't list the Diamond TV Wonder HD750 but does list the 650's. There is 1 AMD/ATI TV Wonder HD750 listed which I marked as compatible with possible manual driver install noting I'm using the Diamond version of the TV Wonder. Please, update drivers on site and pass this info along to help others who may have similar issues.  So far all ArcSoft software is working great since manual driver install. I will be testing with Win Media Center after I get it early April, and will share the results soon after.  Good luck and be patient, the fixes and updates will improve as more info is gathered, please share your experiences with Microsoft and the Hardware Manufacturers by whatever means possible, every bit of data & feedback received will help resolve most issues that come with the new OS. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you ChuckLEP! I was about to have a hissy fit until I saw your post. While I couldn't find the drivers on the install disk, I did go to Diamond website http://www.diamondmm.com/tvw650pcie-ati-amd-tv-wonder-hd-650.html, downloaded and installed driver for vista, and then from install disk installed the Diamond software. Works great. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2023 Views 4,952 Applies to: