Need for speed rivals directx device creation error

Hi, I have Acer Aspire 5742 with win 8 pro 64 bit and intel i3 core. When i play nfs rivals the eroor came up. I have directx 11 installed and works correctly with driver san francisco.

Hi Sehaj,

Visit the Need for speed website and look for a game patch, update the available patches. Check if that helps.

You may also try running the game in compatibility mode check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

1. How much memory are you using with all applications open?

Most laptop video cards use shared memory along with a little dedicated memory.  If your running out of memory then there is less dedicated memory to the video card. Thus causing memory issues with Direct X video.  Since Acer Aspire 5742 display resolution of 1366x768 pixels and high graphics options, you'll need a graphics processing unit (GPU) if you want to  you want to enjoy the Need for Speed title in its full splendor. Since the issue appears to happen only when you  play Need for speed I think your graphics card needs to be updated, if it is up to date try to uninstall and re-install the latest graphics card drivers. Visit the graphics card manufacturer website to look for the drivers.

Please refer to the following link for more information.

Download and install drivers

Reply with the issue status.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

This may not apply to your error, but there is a set of optional DirectX files called

Runtime June 2010... These are primarily for DirectX 9 but are needed for a lot of games...

The error you posted could possibly just be a generic error message because the program can't find what it's looking for... This package is a good thing to have installed anyway... even some printers require it.

It is a self extracting file, so you basically need to run it twice... Once to unpack it, and then to install it.

Be sure to note where it extracts to, then double click DXSETUP to install.

I included a link to the full download, not the web installer... it works better, and you will have the file if it is needed again....

It has a good number of files named D3D****.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2023 Views 6,957 Applies to: