Could not reconnect all network drives Windows 8

When I first turn on my computer and then head to the desktop, I am presented with the error "Could not reconnect all network drives".  When I head to the network drive on My Computer it at first shows that it's not connected, when I click on the drive then it connects.  This is an inconvenience because I have my iTunes library on the network drive, and iTunes can't see the drive unless I head to the drive within Windows Explorer first.

Are there anyway's to fix this?  I'm running Windows 8 64bit, using a linksys wifi usb adapter to connect to that network drive.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi maryland157,

I will help you with the issue connecting to network drives on the computer.

I would like to know more information about the issue, so that we could help you better.
- Do you receive any error message when trying to connect to network drive?
- Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Let’s try the following troubleshooting steps; I am sure this will help you resolve the issue.
Why can’t I connect to a network?

For reference:
Add a device or PC to a network

I hope it helps. If you have any issues in future please let us know. We will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The only errors message I get is when I first load up the desktop I get the error ""Could not reconnect all network drives" flashed on the lower right corner of the screen.  However I can connect to the drive once I click on it from My Computer.  But it shows that it's disconnected until I do that.  It's almost as if the wireless drivers are loading after the computer tries to connect to the network drive when the computer turns on.  Which would explain why it's showing that it's disconnected until I open it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having this problem and it is frustrating the life out of me!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.. I think maryland157 is right; the drivers for wireless seems to load after Windows tries to establish a connection. It should only try to connect to the mapped drives WHEN it detects a connection (and of course after a timeout if no connection).

I hope to get this fixed.

EDIT:

Did some more searching and found this:

1. Goto Control Panel -> All control Panel Items -> Credentials Manager
2. Next to the heading "Windows Credentials" click on the link "Add a Windows credential".
3. Enter the name of your server and the appropriate credentials.
4. Reboot and enjoy :)
I've noticed that logging in takes few seconds longer, but I think it isn't annoying.

It worked for me, hope it's universal :o)

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same issues, it's really frustrating. Hope this can get fixed soon

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.. I think maryland157 is right; the drivers for wireless seems to load after Windows tries to establish a connection. It should only try to connect to the mapped drives WHEN it detects a connection (and of course after a timeout if no connection).

I hope to get this fixed.

EDIT:

Did some more searching and found this:

1. Goto Control Panel -> All control Panel Items -> Credentials Manager
2. Next to the heading "Windows Credentials" click on the link "Add a Windows credential".
3. Enter the name of your server and the appropriate credentials.
4. Reboot and enjoy :)
I've noticed that logging in takes few seconds longer, but I think it isn't annoying.

It worked for me, hope it's universal :o)
Dear Mikkel,

ach, I have the same problem (a network drive that does not connect when I log in). Now, I do have credentials for the connection, but they are listed as "Generic Credentials" rather than "Windows Credentials". What really bothers me is that whenever I log in my network disk does not connect automatically, and when I click on it a window asking for username and password appears. My username and password are already present, but the "remember my credentials" check box is always unchecked. I keep checking it, but at every boot the checkmark disappears, and I am back to the usual cycle: error message, click on disk, confirm password and username. I also noticed a distinct increase in the login time as well. Thanks a lot for any suggestion! Best,

Alberto

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, but am using a wired Ethernet connection.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto.  I would like to use a network drive for backup.  I have mapped it in explorer and checked "remember my credentials".  When I restart Windows, I always get the "could not reconnect all drives" message and the drive is shown as mapped, but not connected, even when I have a hard-wired network connection.  In order to reconnect, I have to resupply the login password.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto.  I would like to use a network drive for backup.  I have mapped it in explorer and checked "remember my credentials".  When I restart Windows, I always get the "could not reconnect all drives" message and the drive is shown as mapped, but not connected, even when I have a hard-wired network connection.  In order to reconnect, I have to resupply the login password.

I don't have to supply a password for my NAS. I just double-click the mapped drive icon and it opens. This is a problem on both my Win 8 computers.

MS Support Engineers, is there a way to at least turn off the notifications? That way Windows won't be continually bothering me with false messages about my network drives. Before you answer, let me say that I've tried "Taskbar and Navigation Properties". The notification doesn't appear in the list.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi maryland157,

I will help you with the issue connecting to network drives on the computer.

I would like to know more information about the issue, so that we could help you better.
- Do you receive any error message when trying to connect to network drive?
- Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Let’s try the following troubleshooting steps; I am sure this will help you resolve the issue.
Why can’t I connect to a network?

For reference:
Add a device or PC to a network

I hope it helps. If you have any issues in future please let us know. We will be happy to help you.

doesn't work. What else can you suggest?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 21, 2021 Views 19,412 Applies to: