In Windows 8, how do I create a contact group?

Can't figure out how to create a contact group in mail or people in the new Windows 8. It was easy in Vista.
Answer
Answer

I spend $30 this morning to "talk" to a Windows 8 "expert" for 30 minutes.  I learned so many things I didn't want to know about the new OS and its Apps that I'm taking my new computer back and will be looking for one with any previous version of Windows.  To stay in this thread, there is NO option in Win 8 to group or categorize exiting contacts (people).  As stated earlier, you can enter a long list manually inserting commas between each address, but there is no way to pick people from your existing addresses.  This is horrible for anyone who expects to use Win 8 for business. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I just figured it out.   Instead of using the "mail" tile on the startup page to access your gmail, use the "internet explorer " tile  to go to Google.   From google , search for gmail sign up page.    Sign in as usual, and you can then click on the "apps" button in the top right hand corner and click on the "mail" symbol and it takes you  in to the old gmail access....so it looks like it did for me on my Windows XP.

I just did this, so it definitely works.

OhLuckyMan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2019 Views 22,319 Applies to: