How to remove Games icons from All Apps screen

I've uninstalled all of the games from my new Win 8 laptop, but there is still a "Games" section on the All Apps screen containing icons for "All Casual Games", "All Enthusiast Games", "All Family Games", "All Kids Games", and "All MMO Games". Right-clicking on these icons and choosing "uninstall" takes me to the "Programs and Features" control panel, but the apps are not listed.

Any thoughts on how to remove these useless icons from the All Apps screen?

Thanks!
Answer
Answer
This is the solution I used. I went to C:\Program Files (x86) and there was a folder called WildTangentGames and in that folder, as DanMarvin pointed out, there was an Uninstall.exe program. I double-clicked on that program and it removed everything in that folder except a *.log file. Then, I deleted the WildTangentGames folder as it was empty other than having the *.log file in it and, those games were removed from the All Apps screen. So far so good. I also do a search for "games" and those games don't come up when the search is performed.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I have found a solution using Registry Edit. This tutorial was written with Windows 7 in mind but also works with Windows 8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42496-games-explorer-folder-delete-game.html

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 20,695 Applies to: