I get error 9C59 when updating Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

Installation date: ‎7/‎4/‎2013 12:57 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070002

Update type: Important

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2836942)

Installation date: ‎7/‎3/‎2013 2:08 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800706BA

Update type: Recommended

I am getting a lot of Failed notices, what is happening that a lot is not updating please help.

your assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lidia

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Answer
Answer

Thanks Brian, although your steps didn't work for me, they set me along the right path to solving my problem. I was getting the same error in the IE11 install log:

"Neutral package installation failed (exit code = 0x00003715 (14101))"

I performed the 'mklink /D c:\Windows\SysNative c:\Windows\system32' in an elevated Command Prompt as you advised. But I had to do a few more bits for it to work for me.

1. Run the IE11 installer and wait until it gets to the 'Install Internet Explorer 11' prompt. Do not close this window.
  2. Go into 'C:\Windows\temp' and look for the most recently created folder with 'IE' at the beginning of it's name. E.g. 'IE1CF18.tmp'.
  3. Go into that folder and verify that you can see the following two .cab files; 'IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab' and 'IE11-neutral.Extracted.cab'. If you do, then carry onto the next step. If you don't, then go back a level and try one of the other similarly named folders.
  4. Use that folder name to create the path for the .cab files to be installed from. E.g.: C:\Windows\temp\IE1CF18.tmp
  5. Now, substituting my example path with the one you determined in the last step, run an elevated Command Prompt and enter the following commands in the order listed:
    • dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\temp\IE1CF18.tmp\IE11-neutral.Extracted.cab /quiet /norestart
    • dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\temp\IE1CF18.tmp\IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab /quiet /norestart
  6. When done, return to the 'Install Internet Explorer 11' prompt and click 'Install'. With a bit of luck it should successfully install.

Like I say, this worked for me, so I hope it will help someone else out.

Oz :)

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi Lidia,

You may not be able to able to update to Internet Explorer 10 if your computer does not meet the prerequisites to install Internet Explorer.

I would suggest you to see the following link for the prerequisites of Windows 7.

How to obtain prerequisite updates for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 that fail to install

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2818833

Regarding other Windows update issues, follow these methods.

Method 1: Run the fix-it from the following link.

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server Update Services

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

If the above method does not work, go to next method.

Method 2: Perform clean boot and install updates.

Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot”.

If the above method does not work, go to next method.

Method 3: Run System Update Readiness Tool and install updates.

Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future regarding Windows. We will be glad to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 77,063 Applies to: