Getting help and advice from one of the many experts here at Microsoft Community does not cost anything.
Whenever you receive a phone number as an answer and feel uncertain whether it is from someone at Microsoft, don’t take the risk,
confirm the number is for official Microsoft Support.
"Element Not Found" with the error code 0X80070490 when trying to install SP1 on Windows 7 (32 bit)
Original title: 0X80070490
I get the message "Element Not Found" with the error code 0X80070490 when trying to install SP1 on Windows 7 (32 bit). The SP downloads OK, but when the system restarts and it is configuring the SP, it gets to 10%, and then shuts down and I get the error
message. I have tried the troubleshooter and update readiness tool, and turned off antivirus, but nothing works.
I have tried all of these options to this problem, no fix, y'all get wise and figure out a way to help folks instead of this self service 'Bravo Sierra'... really... seriously... this has been MS' problem for years... "well here's what'ca do to fix it son..."
and I love MS always have... anyway... I have the same Error message when installing Service Pack 2... SP1 did good, it was huge and slowed me down, but it was good... not really holding my breath on this here SP2 if this is what I'm getting right out of the
gate... gotta run... drop me a line for any more self service solutions... (sad really) but... ahhh... ok... addios